iMessage and Text messages appearing in separate conversations.

This is actually on a friends new iphone 4S, not mine. Supposedly, texts and iMessages are appearing both under my name, but under different message threads if that makes sense?

This isn't just happening to me, it's happening to a couple other in his list too, but for some others it's working just fine.

Any clues?

You need to make sure both your email address and telephone number appear under a single contact on his iphone.

Also, make sure you have verifired your phone number in the iMessage settings applet.

My guess is you are listed as multiple contacts on this persons phone, one for email, one for your phone number, etc. etc., and that is why they are showing up as individual message threads. It happens when migrating to an iPhone, it is easy to get duplicate contacts, etc.

You need to make sure both your email address and telephone number appear under a single contact on his iphone.

Also, make sure you have verifired your phone number in the iMessage settings applet.

My guess is you are listed as multiple contacts on this persons phone, one for email, one for your phone number, etc. etc., and that is why they are showing up as individual message threads. It happens when migrating to an iPhone, it is easy to get duplicate contacts, etc.

Weird, we sorted it. My credentials were correct and I was only listed once. I got him to delete me and re-add me but to no avail. I then got him to delete me and I sent myself to him as a contact to add and it worked. I imagine he was probably doing something wrong!

Thanks.

That's true. And that aspect works fine. The issue is that the sms and imessage threads are showing twice as opposed to in the same message thread. i.e. my name appears twice in his messages and it groups sms together and imessages together where it should seamlessly switch between both within one thread.

Okay I think we fixed it this time! I think the problem was with me. Under the iMessage settings my number still had "verifying" stuck next to it. I followed a guide online and did the following:

Under settings, messages -> Deactivate iMessage

Under settings, general, reset -> Reset network settings

Under settings, messages -> Activate iMessage

I then got my friend to delete all previous message threads from me and re-add me as a contact. I'm unsure whether the last part is necessary but It appears to have worked!

For you, shifts, it's likely yours is set up correctly but your other contacts may need to go through the procedure I just mentioned.