Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

startup why Silicon Valley ?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys ,

i saw many websites and they all move to Silicon Valley for startup . i dont know what so important in it ? even ycombinator move startups in silicon valley ?

what is so important in Silicon Valley ?

what is Silicon Valley ?

I m an indian guy , i have never been in foreign ever yet . Please .. tell me . this question really have much importance for me . since i m also planning to put my startup in next few months . to make it successful , is it worth to move permanently to silicon valley ?

Posted

Seed money. That's where most of the investors in tech startups are

Posted

Seed money. That's where most of the investors in tech startups are

so ?

Posted

Silicon Valley is where Apple HQ, Google HQ, and all the other Tech Business lives.

Posted

Silicon Valley is where Apple HQ, Google HQ, and all the other Tech Business lives.

more competition means !

Posted

not true.

Silicon Valley is just where Tech Business started so everyone thinks they need to go there.

Posted

All the reasons in this thread, and all these things bring you something else.... a large talent pool.

1 person likes this

Posted

because they have Pamela Andreson there ... why else?!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

All the reasons in this thread, and all these things bring you something else.... a large talent pool.

... of people who already have jobs. If you want a large talent pool, start a company in Boston. If you need investors, yeah, California is probably better.

Posted

Silicon Valley.

It's not necessary to move to Silicon Valley in order to become successful in the tech world.

1 person likes this

Posted

Easier to network, as in meeting people.

1 person likes this

Posted

In the early days, Silicon Valley was cheap real-estate with a decent infrastructure. A lot of companies worked together and collaborated on projects, and it just served a purpose to be located nearby - remember working remotely wasn't viable.

Now? It's a bit of a cliche.

Posted

Because like most other things involving the internet, very few people can make their own decisions and they simply follow all the others!!

Posted

In the early days, Silicon Valley was cheap real-estate with a decent infrastructure. A lot of companies worked together and collaborated on projects, and it just served a purpose to be located nearby - remember working remotely wasn't viable.

Now? It's a bit of a cliche.

This.

It used to matter, now it doesn't. There are tons of tech startups based in NYC, Chicago, and other metro areas.

As for why it used to matter, that's also been covered. Cheap real estate, and back before the internet was big, it was beneficial to hang out with like-minded people/companies.

Also, Cali is just awesome, and has great weather. Who doesn't like California? :p