HP TouchPad: Install CyanogenMod 7.1 Android Alpha 3

The CyanogenMod team has released a new build of Google Android for the HP TouchPad. The tablet originally shipped with webOS 3.0 software, but last month a group of developers successfully ported Google Android to run on HP?s discontinued tablet.

CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 3 includes a number of updates and bug fixes, including:

• The ?sleep of death? problem which caused the tablet to fail to resume from sleep should be gone.
  • WiFi should work better.
  • There?s preliminary support for the HP TouchPad 4G.
  • The status bar should use fewer system resources when running full screen apps.

This is still an alpha build, and it?s still a bit rough around the edges. For instance, the camera has been improved, but it still doesn?t work very well when you?re running Android.

If you?re installing CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 3 from scratch on a TouchPad tablet running webOS, you?ll want to grab the new ROM from the RootzWiki forum and then follow our step-by-step instructions. The latest ROM is called update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a3-fullofbugs-signed.zip........

http://liliputing.com/2011/11/how-to-install-cyanogenmod-7-1-android-alpha-3-on-the-hp-touchpad.html

post-376446-0-45794800-1322073218.jpg

Think I am going to hold out for CM9 or at least a stable CM7 release. I tried Alpha 2.1 and found it a little too rough around the edges to be a daily driver and restored my TP to webOS only.

Funny thing is I am finding I really love webOS, its a shame its toast.

How are you finding Alpha 3 release?

I think i'll probably wait for android 4.0 port, though i am tiring of the buggy web browser etc in web os. If a stable build appears that simplifies the install process i'll put cm7 on

I like WebOS on the device. I wish there was a way to run Android apps within cards, I heard about that. To me that sounds ideal! Run WebOS as the main OS, with the flexibility of running Android apps.

I like WebOS on the device. I wish there was a way to run Android apps within cards, I heard about that. To me that sounds ideal! Run WebOS as the main OS, with the flexibility of running Android apps.

Agreed (Y) I'm gonna wait for a more stable build before giving this a try.