New to Android

Ok, for the past 6 years or so, I've had a Nokia 6080 phone (link), but this past monday I jumped to an HTC Inspire 4G. I'm in love with the phone and Android, but I'm a n00b at it (obviously).

So I want to ask you guys for a good, unintrusive, add-free, unbloated AND free app (if it exists) that tells me how long I've spent on outgoing calls and how much i have left until I reach my contract monthly limit (130 minutes). If there's a paid app with those characteristics, I'll get it, but I'd like it better if its free... doh!

I don't need anything more than that, as my local carrier doesn't charge me for incomming calls and I have unlimited internet access.

Thanks a lot.

Check and see if your carrier has an app that lets you track your account usage, I was going to ask if you were with Rogers because they do have one, but then I saw you have unlimited data so obviously you're not. But that being said some carriers do have their own account apps. It's what I use so I don't really know of any other ones.

As others have said, check with your Carrier. I know with mine (bell) they have a bell self-server app. Inside that it tells me my data usage, call usage, billing, etc.

I was going to ask if you were with Rogers because they do have one.

some carriers do have their own account apps.

Unfortunately that's the trick, my carrier doesn't have one :shiftyninja:. I'm not in Canada nor USA.

check in android market.

I've been checking but my total lack of knowledge made me ask those that already know :)

WOW, that is one BIG jump mate. Congratulations (Y)

There might be an app from your carrier which allows you to check the data usage.

Thanks! :D

Unfortunately that's the trick, my carrier doesn't have one :shiftyninja:. I'm not in Canada nor USA.

I've been checking but my total lack of knowledge made me ask those that already know :)

Thanks! :D

what carrier do you use then? if you are ready to pay a dollar then there are few paid apps that i found but i am sure there wold be free app.

what carrier do you use then? if you are ready to pay a dollar then there are few paid apps that i found but i am sure there wold be free app.

I'm in Mexico with Telcel.

Just so you know, I've heard nothing but bad stories from people with the Inspire. It sounds like it just isn't a very good phone. It's not quite enough power to run all of HTC's bloated Sense UI and seems pretty buggy. I don't know if they have other options for you to choose from, but if I were you and you WERE going to keep the Inspire, I'd HIGHLY suggest installing a different ROM on it.