#16 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,650 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:00

So lets look at this, 3 months to port the game to PC

He quotes 50,000 in sales
Average PC game price, £40?

They would make a cool £2 million for 3 months work if they only sold the 50,000 he quotes. Obviously the take home for them is less as retailers take their cut, production, etc but what are the chances they will sell a lot more than 50,000 ?? pretty high I expect.

Oki Ubi put your money where your mouth is! Take pre-orders for the PC game and when you get more than 50,000 pre-orders start working on a PC version then you already have the money in the bank and you are not going to loose out (unless your game is ****, which it probably will be if you are converting it) Then where is the risk?

Piracy, pffftt stick it up your arse

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,302 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:04

You miss out on better graphics, more control options, for console-only games. Not to mention unbeatable Steam prices on the PC. So you are technically missing out in the end if you don't have the choice of buying for the platform you want :p

That depends on the game, and the games I play on the console don't lose out on "control options" and I don't care about steam and don't use it either. Fact is, if a good looks good to me and I wanna play it then I'll preorder it and pay a higher price as well. If it doesn't then I'm also fine with waiting for the price to drop outside of whatever steam does.

As for graphics, sure the PC has better ones, but gameplay and story are more important in my book than overall graphics, I can live with 360 level graphics if the other two keys are spot on.

#18 Neo003

Neo003

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

• 8,492 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:12

Reason for UBISOFT to not release the game on pc, it already looks like a crappy game from 2007. And it will make it look like it's made in 2004 if the ever port it to pc. Don’t worry Ubi I’m supporting pc games even though I don’t play as much game on pc as before, I’m not playing or buying this game EVER.

image_i_am_alive-17808-1712_0006.jpg

#19 lalalawawawa

lalalawawawa

Neowinian Senior

• 3,345 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:13

And we all know PC gamers to be the biggest whiners, so there is really no need to accommodate them (us), Ubisoft. Do what you think is best for your business, leave whiners with double standards aside.

#20 Reacon

Reacon

[VGW] Woohoo!

• 3,802 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:16

Because the game will surely get more exposure in XBL Arcade...

#21 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

• 3,139 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 16:56

I think some of you are overestimating sales figures. This is not a AAA game. It's going to be a smaller XBLA-type title with no physical copies. Something like Sonic Generations. So far Sonic Generations has sold 150000 copies on XBLA, and Sonic is a pretty well known franchise. Typically PC sales are a much smaller portion compared to console sales. I Am Alive is a new property which will no doubt be less successful. The pricing will probably be $20-$30 considering it's a smaller download-only title. Factor in the retailer taking in a huge chunk of the profit, as well as the additional development cost, it's not unreasonable that it won't turn a profit on PC.

The poor profits are not necessarily due to piracy, but I wouldn't want to release a game on a platform where 50% of legitimate purchases account for a few thousand in profit, while thousands of other users get to play the game for free.

#22 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:53

...and piracy isnt rampant on consoles too? O......K......

correct me if I am wrong but since this game is a XBLA/PSN release that would mean users would have to have a legit console to login the online service and download it. But, I do not know anything about how to pirate console things so...I'm just talking haha

#23 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

• 1,768 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:06

They are trolls, all there is to it.

It is easy to name games reeking major profits on PC - Skyrim and Minecraft for example.

#24 ThePitt

ThePitt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,809 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 16:43

a classic ubisoft move. Blame piracy. Why they dont tell to the ppl how they bother to legit buyers of their stupid games with that ****ing drm thing?. They should start selling phones instead, yea, maybe that would be right, so, the ppl will burn to the ground that company because of their inefficient and oppressing politics

#25 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:03

I don't understand the problem here. Ubisoft is notorious for releasing extremely poor ports. We don't get the choice of getting a good port, so why is it being presented as an option? We either get a crappy port that will be pirated to kingdom come, or we get a PC exclusive F2P game.

It certainly sucks that Ubisoft won't make a proper PC version in development concurrently as the console versions, but we don't get to make that call. I'd rather have this than the crap they try to sell me.

#26 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:21

Retards.
They blame piracy on PC. What about piracy on consoles?
Yeah I know PC is ahead in these numbers but its still piracy (from their prespective).
I will not buy another game from Ubisoft again. Ever.
Be it Assassins Creed III or anything else.
They are following the exact same course of Rocksteady.
And I wouldn't be too surprised if Assassins Creed III will be out as console exclusive.

And I just found out today that Ghost Recon Future Soldiers isn't gonna be coming out on PC too. ****ing bitches

#27 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:25

This again? How many times does Ubisoft have to blame their laziness and lack of talent on "Piracy", they're still making money, just because nobody wants to buy your terrible games, doesn't mean that it's all about piracy.

Retards.
They blame piracy on PC. What about piracy on consoles?
Yeah I know PC is ahead in these numbers but its still piracy (from their prespective).
I will not buy another game from Ubisoft again. Ever.
Be it Assassins Creed III or anything else.
They are following the exact same course of Rocksteady.
And I wouldn't be too surprised if Assassins Creed III will be out as console exclusive.

And I just found out today that Ghost Recon Future Soldiers isn't gonna be coming out on PC too. ****ing bitches

This is why I can't see them blaming piracy as a legitimate argument, for instance, the Wii is by far the easiest console to mod, and this opens the door to piracy.

Ubisoft's Wii Games

Also, look at the Nintendo DS, piracy is only a flashcart away.

Ubisoft's Nintendo DS Games

I don't believe for an instant that it's piracy, more like, no talent ass clowns being douche-bags.

#28 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:26

Reason for UBISOFT to not release the game on pc, it already looks like a crappy game from 2007. And it will make it look like it's made in 2004 if the ever port it to pc. Don’t worry Ubi I’m supporting pc games even though I don’t play as much game on pc as before, I’m not playing or buying this game EVER.

It doesn't matter if the game is crap or not, what matters is your devotion to a certain platform. Look at DICE with their newest release.

#29 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• 2,939 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:30

I've already quit purchasing UBISOFT games and EA with the way they've been handling BF3.

#30 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

• 1,870 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 17:35

Good god, Neo003, that game looks AWFUL.