santa machine guns pictures

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:38

I find the photo in the original post to be kind of disturbing really.

Here in most of what you coastal people derisively call "flyover country" the majority would find it entertaining, even cool.

#47 emiliathweatt

emiliathweatt

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:40

awesome! so crazy :)

#48 eveready

eveready

Neowinian

• 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:02

Here in most of what you coastal people derisively call "flyover country" the majority would find it entertaining, even cool.

Here in NY, the politicians only want two groups to have guns: the police and the criminals. His confusion is understandable, but with some education, he may be saved.

#49 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,977 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:38

No one ever said a bomb is not for blowing up. Once again it is what you are blowing up. Guess you've never heard of demolition teams? Mining? Excavations? Archaeology?
The only true weapons that are developed for what you are trying to convey are anti-air, nukes, anti-tank, and grenades, amongst others. And you don't generally see those in civilian hands. I don't get what you are trying to prove with your comment.

look deeper iand you shall see the sarcasm about the general comment of "guns don't kill people, people kill people"..

#50 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:45

DocM is ready for the zombiez!

#51 Biotoxic_hazard_835

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Neowinian Medic

• 2,700 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:03

Ok, so exactly what is wrong with the picture ? So the family loves guns and shows it by posing with them. It's like every other hobby, people pose with their RC models, race cars, 4x4's etc all the time and you don't see comments saying " Look at the dumb redneck posing with his RC model, race car etc". No one in the picture is doing nothing wrong. This gun hate plain stupid and ignorant.

#52 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

• 1,061 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:27

The difference being:

Redneck family with RC models = harmless.
Redneck family with guns = accident waiting to happen.

#53 eveready

eveready

Neowinian

• 90 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:40

Redneck family with guns = accident waiting to happen.

No.

As they say in Massachusetts..."Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my guns."

#54 petroid

petroid

Neowin Lurker

• 1,282 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:57

Purely as a non biased psychological study, would the pro gun posters still feel the same way about this image if it were the same image but with a fully dressed Afgani family holding rifles replacing the americans? Or would it become offensive?

Also, I appreciate a good firearm, but I don't understand the USA obsession! :)

#55 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:24

DocM is ready for the zombiez!

You owe me a keyboard & monitor cleaning kit as I was wearing the attached shooting club team shirt when I read your post :D

Purely as a non biased psychological study, would the pro gun posters still feel the same way about this image if it were the same image but with a fully dressed Afgani family holding rifles replacing the Americans? Or would it become offensive?

If they're against the Taliban & AQ no harm, no foul. We can go out together and blast plastic milk jugs full of red Kool Aid with the AQ leader-of-the-month's face pasted on the front.

Also, I appreciate a good firearm, but I don't understand the USA obsession! :)

It's really no different than people who obsess over cars or any other mechanical contrivance. Pick one. Besides that -, they're a legitimate and effective tool for self defense, something that even the majority of our police officers fully support because they know that they can't be everywhere.

Now add that our founders knew that the only way you can resist an oppressive regime is by force of arms, and so guaranteed gun rights in the Constitution. Here in Michigan that was taken seriously enough that it's also in our 1963 State constitution.

Attached Images

• ZombieTeam-400.jpg

#56 Nihilus

Nihilus

Resident Newbie

• 1,095 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:13

(Over-sized image, see first page)

"But they sure as hell help.", should probably be amended to that.

Also, unlike a USB stick or a lighter I'm not likely to kill someone with either when I'm a little bit miffed and had a few too many to drink. As for the knife... I probably wouldn't call someone caught carrying that around a "slasher", but the words homicidal maniac might lurk in the back of my mind whenever I see him again.

Now add that our founders knew that the only way you can resist an oppressive regime is by force of arms, and so guaranteed gun rights in the Constitution. Here in Michigan that was taken seriously enough that it's also in our 1963 State constitution.

It's not really "adding" that to a list of reasons, it is that single point that ensured your right to arms and no other.

As for the American ideal that it is not only their duty to, but that they have the capacity to, overthrow any modern "regime"... it is ludicrous. The technology and military might of a modern government, especially the American government, has rendered it nigh on impossible to overthrow through violence. You would be labeled as terrorists, tracked down, spied on and thrown into Guantanamo bay before you ever fired a single shot.

I always find it odd that a country so obsessed with this capacity to overthrow it's own government so easily surrenders it's personal liberties in matters of unwarranted surveillance and tracking. As though that were less important than being able to ineffectually wield small arms.

#57 Amarok

Amarok

One. Three. FiVe.

• 1,773 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:24

Here in NY, the politicians only want two groups to have guns: the police and the criminals. His confusion is understandable, but with some education, he may be saved.

Actually I'm totally fine with people having guns, I've considered gun ownership in the past and decided that it's probably not for me but I'm totally fine with other people owning guns. I have nothing against them. Well, so long as the people owning the guns aren't violent criminals. I'm not exactly sure why I find the original image disturbing but I do.

#58 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,953 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:34

>
It's not really "adding" that to a list of reasons, it is that single point that ensured your right to arms and no other.

As for the American ideal that it is not only their duty to, but that they have the capacity to, overthrow any modern "regime"... it is ludicrous. The technology and military might of a modern government, especially the American government.....

Actually, per the Heller decision self defense is a co-equal right to all others.

I would also remind you that much of the US in-country ground and air assets are in the hands of the National Guard - citizen-soldiers under the command of the state Governors. In the event of major shenanigans in DC their loyalty cannot be 100% guaranteed.

Remember what happened in Moscow when the Politburo ordered an attack on the revolutionary leaders: it was ignored - they wouldn't fire on civilians.

#59 Soulsiphon

Soulsiphon

Neowinian Senior

• 2,688 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:54

Actually I'm totally fine with people having guns, I've considered gun ownership in the past and decided that it's probably not for me but I'm totally fine with other people owning guns. I have nothing against them. Well, so long as the people owning the guns aren't violent criminals. I'm not exactly sure why I find the original image disturbing but I do.

It's gotta be the baby in camo. He's totally missing the little camo headband, little plastic hunting knife and plastic fake ammo belt. :p

#60 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,914 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:58

Good god... :|