Need a domain and hosting - Who to go to?

I'm looking to put up a website, however I don't know much about the available companies. Who're trustworthy, who offer a good service and such. The website is just a portal/frontend really. It won't do anything too special but may have a forum or something similar such as a guest book or shoutbox. Not exactly expecting masses amount of bandwidth and user connectivity really.

Please help me out Neowin!

I've used Namecheap for a while for my domains. So far, it's been great and it's got good reviews too. As for hosting, I hear good words for HostGator, even though their website puts me off.

I have lifetime hosting on A Small Orange, but that isn't available anymore.

It's still very good though, they leave you alone and let you get on with it, never had any problems really. Their support is near instant.

I also transferred to NAMECHEAP for my domain name as they were cheaper than GoDaddy, plus I had some sort of voucher which meant I paid near enough nothing for an extension to the domain (they add what you buy to the end of the domain name life you already have).

I use DreamHost. Their prices are reasonable, and unlike many other services, they don't impose any hard limits on total storage space or bandwidth usage. Also, their customer service is great. Very responsive. They're also pretty feature rich, I think, but I've never really compared them in-depth to other services, as they are the only one I've used.