Windows 8 news coverage here

The China version probably has some code changes to reflect the whacky Chinese laws and so on, we'll probably never see it outside of China etc.

The China version probably has some code changes to reflect the whacky Chinese laws and so on, we'll probably never see it outside of China etc.

Not really, canouna just saw it in France. :laugh:

http://winunleaked.tk/2012/03/windows-8-post-beta-part-4/

I?ll show now, one called ? CoreCountrySpecific ?, branded in Windows 8 as ? Windows 8 for China ?, therefore Microsoft may work on a cheap version of Windows 8 to prevent future conterfeit copies.

It can be installed only with Chinese ISO, with English one, you get a BSOD related to ? bad MUI ?.

I didn?t notice something special so far, as it?s too soon and still under contruction.

As you can see, there are none pre-pinned applications in the taskbar.

LPKSetup still present, it may allow some time to install other Language Packs.

Note: Media Center isn?t present.

image_386.jpg

image_387.jpg

image_388.jpg

Is that what counts as "Metro-like" now? I'm more reminded of Whistler's "Watercolor" theme. It's a real shame they didn't go with that for Windows XP.

whistler1.png

whistler12.png

whistler3.png

I think Metro and Aero work really well together. If they redo the entire desktop portion of Windows in a similar fashion to that ribbon screenshot I'll be happy.

Is that what counts as "Metro-like" now? I'm more reminded of Whistler's "Watercolor" theme. It's a real shame they didn't go with that for Windows XP.

whistler1.png

whistler12.png

whistler3.png

I would have much preferred the Watercolor theme in XP. Luna was just awful.

Even more slight changes...

20120401_143308_937.jpg

Starting to look better Microsoft.

I really wish Microsoft would incorproate some AERO effects into the Ribbon, but I agree, this looks much better than what it does in the CP.

Damn you, Microsoft! Still need new iconset to unify style of them....

These blue arrows looks strange, I'm waiting for more changes, seriously - now we have got:

- aero

- metro

- something like fusion both of them

It's looks really messy.

Luna was just awful.

It was derided as the "Fisher-Price UI" for a reason....

The color choices made for the Metro start screen seem almost as bad to me though.... :/

Damn you, Microsoft! Still need new iconset to unify style of them....

These blue arrows looks strange, I'm waiting for more changes, seriously - now we have got:

- aero

- metro

- something like fusion both of them

It's looks really messy.

I would hope that the desktop would end up shipping with a nice fusion of the two. To keep a thread of familiarity in the desktop will help people transition from the windows 7 and having a bleed over from metro would make switching between the start screen and the desktop less jarring.

The ticket is how well it could be pulled off.

It was derided as the "Fisher-Price UI" for a reason....

Heh. I could see the comparison:

Windows_XP_SP3.png

The default XP UI was dull, unfocused, and kiddish. The fact that the default search had that dog included didn't help either.

The color choices made for the Metro start screen seem almost as bad to me though.... :/

I agree. Windows 8 Metro really needs a unifying color scheme. Exactly like this:

dynamicsstartpage.png?tag=content;siu-container

I agree. Windows 8 Metro really needs a unifying color scheme. Exactly like this:

Why are you complaining about OS UI and showing an apps instead ?

Apps can use the accent color, if they don't then don't blame MS for this.

Why are you complaining about OS UI and showing an apps instead ?

Apps can use the accent color, if they don't then don't blame MS for this.

You're right, the app developer can pic the tile icon he/she wants or have it use the system default. Hell, it could just be a picture like many apps have etc. The tile system is pretty open in that sense.

Even more slight changes...

20120401_143308_937.jpg

Starting to look better Microsoft.

even the selected folder has newer style.. , more like AeroLite's one . (Also see highlighted "Desktop" at left,a grey gradient)

Another Pic : (and that is a new wallpaper , Marine)

20120402_170103_594.jpg

even the selected folder has newer style.. , more like AeroLite's one . (Also see highlighted "Desktop" at left,a grey gradient)

Another Pic : (and that is a new wallpaper , Marine)

20120402_170103_594.jpg

Actually, what win8china meant was : A new default wallpaper for 813x which is "a sea of 8's".

Windows 8 Metro really needs a unifying color scheme. Exactly like this:

[snip]

Looks pretty nice. In any case, it's encouraging to see MS get rid of some of the more garish and superfluous visual gimmickry in their desktop UI . :)