Windows 8 news coverage here

Why are you complaining about OS UI and showing an apps instead ?

Apps can use the accent color, if they don't then don't blame MS for this.

I don't think I get what you're trying to say...

Actually, what win8china meant was : A new default wallpaper for 813x which is "a sea of 8's".

Guessing that's a start-screen wallpaper then?

Actually, what win8china meant was : A new default wallpaper for 813x which is "a sea of 8's".

what so ever :p its a new screenshot out here

Guessing that's a start-screen wallpaper then?

According to another pic from win8china, this is the desktop wallpaper, metro start screen background is the same.

btw, canouna yesterday posted in FB that the current build in winmain is 8311, so I guess win8china's pics are from 8310.(just a guess)

image_393.jpg

I think the Metro Design Language is lost on Mozilla. :/

To be fair, the screenshots are captioned: "UI will be changing, Metro specific UI guidelines and Mozilla UX work feedback has not begun yet."

Seeing how Win8 itself uses edge UI's, specially on the left and right for OS level things, I think any app that might try to use those types of UI's as well wouldn't be the best idea. Having the tabs be on the right side and not poping down from the top like IE10 might not be best.

Seeing how Win8 itself uses edge UI's, specially on the left and right for OS level things, I think any app that might try to use those types of UI's as well wouldn't be the best idea. Having the tabs be on the right side and not poping down from the top like IE10 might not be best.

I think IE10's approach is near perfect, no need to mess around with it. My only suggestion is that the tab bar can pop up when the cursor hits the top, like happens in desktop IE in F11/fullscreen mode, easier than right clicking and unnecessarily bringing up the app bar.

• 2 weeks later...

@Canouna tweeted Today test: WCP upgrade to WRP 17 minutes ago

Seems Microsoft added final branding on latest builds, Win8 & WS2012 5 minutes ago

Running "Windows 8 Release Preview with Media Center" 1 minute ago

WCP = Windows 8 Consumer Preview

WRP = Windows 8 Release Preview

Awesome !!

when's the RP scheduled for release?

There's no official date yet from what I've seen but many people say June probably.

Business Insider is reporting Microsoft confirmed Media Center is out of Windows 8.

windows-media-center.jpg

Microsoft has just confirmed that Windows 8 will not ship with the Media Center interface that has been integrated into the last two versions of Windows.

Instead, users will have to buy it as part of an upgrade. Pricing hasn't been announced.

Media Center was designed for using a PC with a remote control to do things like watch and record TV and play DVDs and music.

It was originally introduced in a special edition of Windows XP but later found its way into premium consumer editions ofWindows Vista and Windows 7.

Story is contiune... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/confirmed-media-center-windows-8-230600971.html