Windows 8 news coverage here

Seems WZOR is quite affirmative:

image_536.jpg

Google translate:

Yes, that's right, among other things, this means that work on Windows RT, Windows 8 is finished, came the stage of selecting an assembly meeting the status of RTM, everything here, that's going to happen ...

If this RTMs in August it has to be one of the quickest release cycles, or maybe it just feels that way because we haven't been getting all the leaks like we used to.

If thats true (abt the RTM) does that mean we are staying with the horrible vista icons on Windows explorer?

The newest build that we've seen was compiled 10 days ago. They seem to be making lots of changes still - there were plenty of great UI changes between the Release Preview and this build we were shown Monday.

I think Microsoft still has a couple more tricks up their sleeve.

If thats true (abt the RTM) does that mean we are staying with the horrible vista icons on Windows explorer?

would seam that way, they really dont work well with the new look. not the huge problem but would of been nice

If this RTMs in August it has to be one of the quickest release cycles, or maybe it just feels that way because we haven't been getting all the leaks like we used to.

I think that's exactly 3 years since 7 RTMed.

AwaRzOzCQAEfOFj.jpg-large.jpgAwaRzOzCQAEfOFj1.jpg-large1.jpg

Microsoft Surface in Blue and White spotted on design video

http://microsoft-new...n-design-video/

Dunno if we'd actually get those colors or if they're just demo models and happened to be in white and blue but if we do then that's cool. I think people are tired of just the same old black or gray device, white seems to be a good seller but look at the Lumia for example. Everyone who wanted one, or at least the vast majority, jumped on the Cyan. Give me the right type of dark green and I'll buy that version surface over a black one any day.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's pretty much a given that the icons will be metroized in the final RTM for consistency with the rest of the metro desktop and explorer like they did with the ribbon in Office 2013. Can't wait. It's about time we get new shell icons in Windows.

I hope we get to see some leaked screenshots soon.

So it's pretty much a given that the icons will be metroized in the final RTM for consistency with the rest of the metro desktop and explorer like they did with the ribbon in Office 2013. Can't wait. It's about time we get new shell icons in Windows.

I hope we get to see some leaked screenshots soon.

Yeah, we haven't seen much from the 85xx builds which are rumored to be the RTM builds.

Yeah, we haven't seen much from the 85xx builds which are rumored to be the RTM builds.

The folks over at Winunleaked have a much more pesimistic view. :(

@Canouna Exclusive screenshots from the most recent compilation of#Windows8 from the Win8_RTM branch, damn sexy

http://winunleaked.info/threads/290-Windows-8-RTM-on-the-way?p=8240#post8240

Did Canouna say It's just a bootscreen? :shifty:

Just beaten! Bunch of nice pictures, including the new bootscreen. I personally preferred the "Windows" text, or if they would have made the logo white. The light blue looks quite bad if I'm honest.

d145a24ba85fa8a867ecaf8504994f7ct.png

If there's more screenshots can someone post them as well? I'm not going to sign up to yet another forum just to see them.

If there's more screenshots can someone post them as well? I'm not going to sign up to yet another forum just to see them.

Microsoft has removed the possibility of independently coloring the windows and the taskbar.

The design of the square when selecting the color was redesigned.

6f2119f954f5f087ba0b1d9d4a2a995er.PNG

New style for Internet Explorer 10:

Tabs and buttons are redesigned.

nCode.png Click this bar to view the original image of 786x56px.

8f34e25c41d546653657152ba54e9d10r.PNG

Internet Explorer 10 now interacts with the color of your Windows 8 theme.

1955f11915fa25e5bb2918ec72898e742.PNG

a420d55e6d0e7e91a9b5a70da13599611.PNG

A new branding, more "Metro"

b2917b8b3cf139ca6de4920505076642g.PNG

Here are the new themes:

-Windows

-Earth

-Flowers

329bef9c53c356434fe5ac247ecf93b8s.PNG

Wallpapers:

nCode.png Click this bar to view the original image of 783x308px.

3b97ca3bbfe2604562dd64d1b151f6caP.PNG

And finally, here are the new bunch of backgrounds for the lock screen.

79da6d973081e41691a160e07b6956e9n.PNG

Bootscreen:

nCode.png Click this bar to view the original image of 1024x768px.

d145a24ba85fa8a867ecaf8504994f7ct.png

Windows 8 is incredibly stable and fast, it's far better than Windows 7 in all ways.

From http://winunleaked.info/threads/290-Windows-8-RTM-on-the-way?p=8240#post8240

I think it makes sense to keep the taskbar and windows the same color. I personally wouldn't want them to be different.

I hope RTM is better than RP, because if I see vista/windows 7 icons left behind from Aero, der is gonna be a problem man with the Metro guidelines then.... Also not much a fan of bootscreen logo, use plain font. Metro Apps better be working spot on, no stupid long loading times, crashes or mess-up + I need to see more metro app functionality.

I wonder if the logo on the boot screen changes color like the start button does on the charm bar as well? That'd be interesting.

I wonder if the logo on the boot screen changes color like the start button does on the charm bar as well? That'd be interesting.

Why should they change the boot screen logo to the color of a single user amongst many ?

Why should they change the boot screen logo to the color of a single user amongst many ?

The change would happen depending on the theme/color you picked when you installed the OS. If they could make it be dynamic like the color of the flag in the charm bar is then why not? It's just another level of customization. Besides how many users do you have on your systems? Because I just have one, me.