• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#211 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 12 February 2012 - 18:43

If i had cared to buy that cheap thing :/

DAMN :(
lucky for HP users who bought that failpad.

#212 bdsams

bdsams

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2012 - 18:49

that is a parody account, not real...ignore that tweet!

#213 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 12 February 2012 - 18:55

ooh , ya i read the tweets saying dunno if he real etc. Thanks!!

#214 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 12 February 2012 - 18:57

It is mean of me to say but good. Was going to regret not buying it if it was true.

#215 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 12 February 2012 - 19:00

HURRAY!!! :D then

well i guess people are still going to hack it to run on the TouchPad.

#216 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 12 February 2012 - 19:02

I think you're mistaken as to what the classic shell is - it's the Windows 9x "look" (the tanish looking "classic" theme). Also, if users are using larger screens, there is a way to increase the DPI, which will increase the size of the elements on the screen. The only downside to that is liitle to no 3rd party applications make user of DPI settings, and are completely destroyed when the system DPI is raised.

I was referring to the default - which most users don't adjust, to be honest - even after they get a larger display. (When I went from 17" CRT to 23" FP LCD, even though my resolution changed, my default screen font - in both size and typeface - was not changed one bit.)

I think you're mistaken as to what the classic shell is - it's the Windows 9x "look" (the tanish looking "classic" theme). Also, if users are using larger screens, there is a way to increase the DPI, which will increase the size of the elements on the screen. The only downside to that is liitle to no 3rd party applications make user of DPI settings, and are completely destroyed when the system DPI is raised.

I was referring to the default - which most users don't adjust, to be honest - even after they get a larger display. (When I went from 17" CRT to 23" FP LCD, even though my resolution changed, my default screen font - in both size and typeface - was not changed one bit.)

#217 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 12 February 2012 - 19:02

Exactly.
The only place where the DPI will really make text harder is on small 7inch displays with HD screens. Thats where it will matter.

#218 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:07

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=co3W-f6NlAc

Are you ready for Windows "8"?

Windows "8" is being touted as a game changer. From the server, to the desktop, to mobility applications Windows "8" and Windows Server "8" will have an effect on how you do business and how much business you do. Join us at the Microsoft Conference Center on March 2-3, 2012 to learn the absolute latest about Windows "8" and Windows Server "8" from the best - Microsoft's own MVPs. MVPs are the Top Guns in their related fields and will be at MVP Nation to do a Deep-Dive on WIndows "8". If your clients use Microsoft Products, this is a MUST ATTEND EVENT.
Brought to you by industry leading SMB Nation, this event promises to get you on the right track with WIndows "8" - from both a technical and business standpoint. Don't delay another day. Space is limited. Sign up now!

http://mvp.smbnation.com/

#219 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:29

Posted Image

#220 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:02

A MS China employee had posted a pic of the start page, he didn't say which build, but said "it was installed to-day". The "Reader" can read PDF's.

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...969829-1-1.html

Posted Image

#221 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 13 February 2012 - 13:05

Metro haters gonna hate :p I love it !

#222 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 13 February 2012 - 14:10

Man.... These gradients on the tiles need to go away.. Bad choice. It gives them a curved look. For flatter they can make gradient come from a corner.

#223 Prymitywista

Prymitywista

Trololo

Posted 13 February 2012 - 15:43

Man.... These gradients on the tiles need to go away.. Bad choice. It gives them a curved look. For flatter they can make gradient come from a corner.

Exactly.
In the other hand, I wish they will add option to use custom color of each tile or if they will not, maybe someone made app for that.

But finally, icons are bigger on the tiles which hasn't got own metro style graphic.

#224 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:48

I prefer the gradients. Without them, it just looks plain and crap, need to sparkle it up a little! :D

#225 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

Posted 13 February 2012 - 18:50

I prefer the gradients. Without them, it just looks plain and crap, need to sparkle it up a little! :D

I can get behind this. I always liked the style of the interface but a really subtle texture or gradient wouldn't hurt.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!