Windows 8 news coverage here

windows 8

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#241 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:14

ditto!.. thats exactly what im talking about. now its not half bad.
But there is still a problem with such a logo.

The bend seems balanced due to the text next to it. But using it as an icon will make it look very weird. Like on the charms menu.

#242 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:22

I kinda feel that if the logo as already seen is legit that they'll probably leave it somewhat like that, I mean as rectangles because it's more like tiles. Maybe they could do something where they combine rectangles and squares into the same form factor but I guess that'd look less like a window and loose it's windows connection.

#243 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 14 February 2012 - 19:25

You know what i personally think they should do?
Keep the flag like it is.

The flag is great. Tiles are not a flag. Keep the flag But.
Add an animation to it when windows start.

no colors. No nothing. Just the flag with waves and then the waves get stiffer till it turns into 4 solid squares. Thats all they need to promote tile aspect of Windows. Keeping the flag will keep the brand connection as they still have desktop. Lose the flag if they totally move on from desktop UI.

#244 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

Posted 14 February 2012 - 20:30

You know what I think would look great? A circle with a dip at the bottom and another part of a circle boolean extracted from the right hand side partially with a sort of pointed ellipse at the top in a single colour. Perfect.

#245 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 15 February 2012 - 00:37

I don't think that logo looks half-bad. Extremely simple, and yet it's still recognizable as Windows, I think. So long as it remains colored. The mono-color logo (the one in a dark blue/green) looks even more generic.

#246 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:39

delays,delays,delays :o

http://viennaos.net/microsoft-window...y.html#comment

Posted Image

#247 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:48

ARGG!!!...
but the beta will be out right?

#248 FireRx

FireRx

Neowinian

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:19

what part of a urban transportation system inhibits downloading an ISO from MS servers in Redmond?

#249 pack34

pack34

Professional Electron Wrangler

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:24

what part of a urban transportation system inhibits downloading an ISO from MS servers in Redmond?

I'm guessing they want to hold an event to show it off before they distribute.

#250 vettomwarren

tomwarren

The Verge

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:28

I don't see how transport strikes in Barcelona will make any difference. The event is being held at a hotel and Microsoft will provide its own transport to and from the hotel for us. The event is still going ahead.

#251 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

Posted 16 February 2012 - 13:16

Fujitsu roadmap hints at Windows 8 arrival in Q4, reveals Ultrabooks and slates too

Posted Image

http://www.engadget...._medium=twitter

#252 calimike

calimike

Neowinian

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:32

I heard my friend say Windows 8 conference at Microsoft campus in Redmond, WA on March 2-3.
Day 1 | Day 2

#253 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:59

Neowin News had reported the latest builds 8234 & 8284 posted in winunleaked, but what canouna usually did is he only updates the build list when somebody posted a legit build tag, so where did these build tags came from?

It appeared on a Chinese twitt site(in China it's called micro-blog), the posting guy was the same PcBeta member who had earlier posted pics of 8279 in PcBeta, unfortunately his twitt can only be read by registered members of the site.

http://weibo.com/2602102251/y655DAP3H

It's all in Chinese, however, note the new icon (the new win8 logo) in the charm bar

Posted Image

#254 +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 20 February 2012 - 13:17

And something from PCBeta, unfortunately, the 2 threads can only be read by registered members too:

Last Sat, a MS China employee put up a post

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...971904-1-1.html

Posted Image

Bing translate (I made some slight modifications):

Beta has entered the Final stage of Sign-off. Today there is a final candidate, Beta final version features should not have further changes.

Adding content (2012-2-18):
The latest Build is installed in the computer, English version. Most powerful features are cloud roaming. Because the system is using Windows Live account login, now reload after many sets have been preserved: browsed Web site application, theme, setting, even the original choice of Chinese input method

Adding content (2012-2-18):
, For synchronization. Is the application of Video and Music experience with the xBox. Is shipped with two more Xbox games for Windows-Poker and 3D ball. Classic games in Metro

Note that when he said "to-day", it's Sat. in China, but Fri in Redmond. If you have doubts on what he said, canouna made his first posts in PcBeta in this thread:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just now, another PCBeta member posted the "About Windows" of build 8234; and she(yes, it's a she) emphasized that in her copy(an OEM copy); it showed no expiration date.

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...973616-1-1.html

Posted Image

#255 bogas04

bogas04

This title is bogus

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 20 February 2012 - 13:38

Posted Image

ewwww ,, wwwwwwww