Windows 8 news coverage here

Neowin News had reported the latest builds 8234 & 8284 posted in winunleaked, but what canouna usually did is he only updates the build list when somebody posted a legit build tag, so where did these build tags came from?

It appeared on a Chinese twitt site(in China it's called micro-blog), the posting guy was the same PcBeta member who had earlier posted pics of 8279 in PcBeta, unfortunately his twitt can only be read by registered members of the site.

http://weibo.com/2602102251/y655DAP3H

It's all in Chinese, however, note the new icon (the new win8 logo) in the charm bar

image_208.jpg

And something from PCBeta, unfortunately, the 2 threads can only be read by registered members too:

Last Sat, a MS China employee put up a post

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...971904-1-1.html

image_205.jpg

Bing translate (I made some slight modifications):

Beta has entered the Final stage of Sign-off. Today there is a final candidate, Beta final version features should not have further changes.

Adding content (2012-2-18):

The latest Build is installed in the computer, English version. Most powerful features are cloud roaming. Because the system is using Windows Live account login, now reload after many sets have been preserved: browsed Web site application, theme, setting, even the original choice of Chinese input method

Adding content (2012-2-18):

, For synchronization. Is the application of Video and Music experience with the xBox. Is shipped with two more Xbox games for Windows-Poker and 3D ball. Classic games in Metro

Note that when he said "to-day", it's Sat. in China, but Fri in Redmond. If you have doubts on what he said, canouna made his first posts in PcBeta in this thread:

image_206.jpg

image_207.jpg

Just now, another PCBeta member posted the "About Windows" of build 8234; and she(yes, it's a she) emphasized that in her copy(an OEM copy); it showed no expiration date.

http://bbs.pcbeta.co...973616-1-1.html

image_204.jpg

According to 2 Chinese sites, win8china & cnBeta, build 8250 has been compiled on Feb. 18 (actually I have mentioned it earlier that a MS China employee had reported this in PcBeta).

http://www.win8china.com/html/465.html

http://cnbeta.com/articles/173573.htm

Unfortunately, the pics they provided were actually old build shots(LOOOOL).

Just now, VivaHo had posted screen-shots of 8250 in his Chinese twitt, pending confirmation from canouna

image_212.jpg

image_210.jpg

does anyone else think it's odd that WMP is still at version 12 in those latest screenshots?

I'm hoping for a metro version of WMP for Windows 8. The desktop dosen't have enough metro atm.

WMP is dead.

Metro has "audio" and "video" apps.

I think WMP will still be on the desktop, which is what I was talking about.

I'm want a metro styled desktop app of WMP.

Or if they do get rid of WMP on desktop, I want metro style music and video apps.

I think WMP will still be on the desktop, which is what I was talking about.

I'm want a metro styled desktop app of WMP.

Or if they do get rid of WMP on desktop, I want metro style music and video apps.

Yes WMP will still be on the Desktop for "legacy" reasons (ex: you'll be able to use your own codec, which is quite unlikely with metro apps). But I don't see MS developping a WMP 14 soon or later.

If you want a cool metro styled WMP, you should try Zune now!

Login required to view the screenshots of the store. Can you host them somewhere else please?

The OP has a brief intro, I put them below with google translation, then followed by all the screen-shots I posted above. (LOL, I checked with firefox which doesn't have my PCBeta login cookie, the pics are dead), so here we go:

image_213.jpg

Google translate:

[Exclusive] Windows 8 Build 8250 app store preview

The Windows Beta is upon us, more and more content to our early preview, and specifically to bring the PCBETA friend App Store screenshots; store home page, category page application, the application download progress screenshots.

Windows application store for developers and partners the four guiding principles:

Easy to find the design

Flexible business model

Transparent to the Terms of Service

The best economic benefits

Easy to find

image_214.jpg

image_215.jpg

image_216.jpg

image_217.jpgimage_218.jpg

This OS is going to be amazing on tablets.

Please - it's going to be amazing on more than just tablets.

From what I have seen, the majority of the hate on the Windows 8 UI is because of features added to the Start menu *since XP*; what really has me ROTFL is that the most hated flavor of Windows to date - specifically, Vista - is responsible for most of them.

How is it that someone that doesn't (and has never) owned a portable computer of any sort (namely me) has fewer issues seeing the Start menu get pruned than those that have multiple devices (from desktops to iPads and Android tablets)? What is the advantage of multiple devices with multiple UIs?