98 posts in this topic

Posted

I will say this as much as I love South Park I do not think this is a great game for a cover story.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

cov_225_l.jpg
Gameinformer

Posted

Sounds pretty interesting, hopefully it doesn't turn into a complete failure

Posted

South Park is OK. I don't strive to watch it, but I don't hate it, I guess. I definitely don't think it is going to make a good video game.

Posted

If it's an adventure RPG, I think it could be good, but we'll see.

Posted

The original southpark on n64 was amazing lol

Posted

Awesome! Better be M rated :p

Posted

The original southpark on n64 was amazing lol

Hah, I loved the original South Park game!

Although I think I played it on PS 1 as I'm sure I didn't own a N64. A great game. Though the bloody turkeys!

Posted

Cannot wait.

Posted

The original was quite fun.

I just hope they don't try to do too much and end up messing it all up.

Posted

(please) Online quests and ease of joining anothers "world" or an "instance" like an mmo or at least Fable 3 like; depth of SkyRim ha

Posted

I loved the original game on N64, but these other games they keep making are highly questionable...

Posted

Add this one to your ever-growing book of video game enthusiasts against downloadable additions (DLC) to video games connected to the internet: Trey Parker says no to the whole mess for The Stick of Truth. The South Park-themed game will be released by the end of this year

Posted

Looking forward this... :D

Posted

The oft-delayed South Park: The Stick of Truth finally has a release date. After surviving thetransition in publishers from now-defunct THQ to Ubisoft, Obsidian's RPG take on the quiet Colorado town will arrive before the end of the year.

In addition to the December 10, 2013, release date, the title is getting a collector's edition with both digital and physical bonuses. In addition to the "Fellowship Pack" that comes with all pre-orders (pictured below), the collector's edition comes with a vinyl Grand Wizard Cartman figure from Kidrobot and a Kingdom of South Park map.

CGhsCDD.jpg

The collector's edition will be available for $79.99. You can check out the new trailer and screenshots below, our coverage from Gamescom, and an interview we conducted with South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone on the game.

(Video at link)

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/south_park_the_stick_of_truth/b/xbox360/archive/2013/09/25/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-gets-release-date-and-collectors-edition.aspx

Posted

Nice, been looking forward to this. :D

Posted

im actually looking fwd to this game :)

Posted

Will it be out for the PS4/Xbox One?

Posted

It's been on my Steam wishlist for a long time.

Posted

Along with Watch_Dogs and The Crew, now South Park: The Stick Of Truth has fallen into next year. The game already slipped and slid when it was THQ

Posted

Hopefully this means it'll come out for the XBO and PS4 too.

Posted

That's unfortunate as that is about the time I will want to purchase a PS4. I pre-ordered the Grand Wizard edition and am pondering if I want to keep it still... Decisions...

Posted

Posted

I'm still hopeful for this game.  That video keep me excited to see the finished product.

They have certainly captured the look, feel, and personality of the show.  I'm perfectly fine with a  turn based rpg system, but of course I'm still a fan of that type of gameplay. 

Its cool that they also mixed in some real time actions to interact with the environment.

Posted

Not even surprised. They plucked the December date out of thin air probably with full knowledge they weren't going to ship then.

Feel pretty bad for Trey and Matt. They've had the worst of luck with SP games, and it seems Stick of Truth is no different. I just hope the final game is a hit for them.

Posted

NSFW language