official pc ps3 xbox 360 obsidian entertainment south park the stick of truth

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:16

I will say this as much as I love South Park I do not think this is a great game for a cover story.

Thanks to a collaboration with THQ and Obsidian, Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue, and overseeing the development of South Park: The Game. Unlike the cash-in Acclaim titles from over a decade ago, this ambitious project is a full-scale RPG for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. As the new kid in South Park, it'll be up to you to make friends and defend the town from a wide range of threats. Be sure to check out our January issue for all the details, as well as an interview with Parker and Stone themselves.

cov_225_l.jpg
Gameinformer

#2 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• 1,935 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:34

Sounds pretty interesting, hopefully it doesn't turn into a complete failure

#3 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:50

South Park is OK. I don't strive to watch it, but I don't hate it, I guess. I definitely don't think it is going to make a good video game.

#4 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,343 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:52

If it's an adventure RPG, I think it could be good, but we'll see.

#5 gregb0b

gregb0b

mingus inflaga!

• 2,432 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 20:44

The original southpark on n64 was amazing lol

#6 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• 3,078 posts
  • Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 04 December 2011 - 22:29

Awesome! Better be M rated :p

#7 Fid

Fid

Do I know you?

• 733 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 22:48

The original southpark on n64 was amazing lol

Hah, I loved the original South Park game!

Although I think I played it on PS 1 as I'm sure I didn't own a N64. A great game. Though the bloody turkeys!

#8 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,437 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 18:01

Cannot wait.

#9 HyBry

HyBry

Neowinian

• 1,013 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 13:24

The original was quite fun.

I just hope they don't try to do too much and end up messing it all up.

#10 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,437 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:39

(please) Online quests and ease of joining anothers "world" or an "instance" like an mmo or at least Fable 3 like; depth of SkyRim ha

#11 vetAndrew Lyle

Andrew Lyle

Don't Panic!

• 31,918 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:48

I loved the original game on N64, but these other games they keep making are highly questionable...

#12 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,380 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 19 July 2013 - 15:57

Add this one to your ever-growing book of video game enthusiasts against downloadable additions (DLC) to video games connected to the internet: Trey Parker says no to the whole mess for The Stick of Truth. The South Park-themed game will be released by the end of this year – right in time for the holiday season – but it’ll be cut to a standard size where its creators originally slated it to have so much content it would have taken many, many years to complete.

Speaking up at a Comic Con panel was none other than one of the two originators of the South Park universe, Parker dropping the F-bomb on the idea that they’d take the “extra content” they’d created for the game and release it as DLC. The plan instead, it’s readily understood, is that the content will be filtered into the South Park television series. The television series meanwhile has no end in sight – even if it has to be a web-based series some time in the future.

NOTE: Just in case you’re not up-to-date on the THQ bankruptcy situation – The Stick of Truth was picked up by Ubisoft. For the save!

What you’ve got with The Stick of Truth is a game that Parker reminded the audience this week is heavily inspired by the likes of The Legend of Zelda and recent epic-scale releases like Skyrim. That’s not to say it’ll be released with next-level eye-searing graphics.

On the contrary.

South Park: The Stick of Truth will continue the construction paper cut-out legacy that is the origins of the series. You’ll see some fancy “3D” graphics as appear here and there throughout the television series, but for the most part you’ll be staying quite flat. Make it go!

VIA PolygonKotaku

Source

#13 PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Neowinian

• 470 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:30

Looking forward this... :D

#14 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,380 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 25 September 2013 - 19:34

The oft-delayed South Park: The Stick of Truth finally has a release date. After surviving thetransition in publishers from now-defunct THQ to Ubisoft, Obsidian's RPG take on the quiet Colorado town will arrive before the end of the year.

In addition to the December 10, 2013, release date, the title is getting a collector's edition with both digital and physical bonuses. In addition to the "Fellowship Pack" that comes with all pre-orders (pictured below), the collector's edition comes with a vinyl Grand Wizard Cartman figure from Kidrobot and a Kingdom of South Park map.

CGhsCDD.jpg

The collector's edition will be available for $79.99. You can check out the new trailer and screenshots below, our coverage from Gamescom, and an interview we conducted with South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone on the game.

(Video at link)

http://www.gameinfor...rs-edition.aspx

#15 PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Neowinian

• 470 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:03

Nice, been looking forward to this. :D