Even after the delays, I still want to play this game.

Its basically an old school RPG with new twists set in the South Park universe. Although now I wish it was coming to next gen as well :laugh:

• Like 1

Very thrilled to get this. I have no intention of getting rid of my 360, it still has like 50% of my day to day usage. This and Titanfall will take up much of my time in the coming months.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my favs are:

Are We Cool?
Find Jesus while playing as a Jew.

Heisenberg
Defeat the Meth Tweekers while wearing the Evil Cartman goatee and the bald cap.

Gingivitis
Let Gingers bite you 3 times without blocking.

Full list:

Achievement names can be cool; they don't all have to be stupid ###### like "Get to the chopper!" which seems to be the most commonly overused one.

• Like 2

The show hasn't drawn my attention for the last few seasons. Hopefully I can chalk that up to Matt and Trey dedicating all their quality efforts towards this project.

It's looking good...

Topics merged

We had lots of little topics dotted around since the announcement, so I've collected them all ahead of release.

Really looking forward to this one :) Hope it doesn't disappoint!

CVG have posted a hands on preview for this

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/449469/previews/hands-on-preview-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-is-super-thanks-for-asking/

Looks like it is shaping up to be pretty good.

Didn't watch all of the gameplay so not to spoil it too much. The writing was spot on and pretty funny, I hope it keeps up throughout. Going to be interesting playing this game entirely 2D as well IMO.

I know Trey & Matt said they hate when the game speaks for them and explained "that isn't what I would say", but it come across a little odd when characters are talking to themselves. I guess you'll just need to spend the entire time talking to your console :P

• 2 weeks later...
South Park: The Stick of Truth reportedly has seven censored scenes in Europe, The Middle East and Africa.

UPDATE: our local Ubisoft rep has been in touch to say that the censorship is purely a marketing decision and that the scenes are also censored in the UK.

ORIGINAL STORY: BT.com reports that the scenes in question have been replaced with on-screen text that describes what?s happening behind the censorship.

The site adds that documentation sent with its review copy confirms that a mini-game involving a doctor performing an abortion on the player and again with the player performing the same procedure on Randy Marsh, as well as five anal probe scenes have been censored.

The accompanying literature adds, ?Seven scenes of about 20 seconds each are censored in the EMEA console versions of South Park: The Stick of Truth. The decision to cut this content from the game was made by Ubisoft EMEA.?

AGB has scanned the document in full here.

South Park: The Stick of Truth appeared to remain intact in the UK, where it bears a PEGI 18 rating. We?re waiting to hear from Ubisoft on the matter.

Meanwhile; the Australian edition also has anal probe scenes edited out.

Source: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774866

Shall be importing the USA PS3 copy, ####ing stupid decision, especially replacing it with on-screen text :laugh:

• Like 2

We had this same censorship announced for Australia a while back, but that is never really a surprise here. It definitely seems like a new thing for the UK though, do you guys get many censored games over there?

We had this same censorship announced for Australia a while back, but that is never really a surprise here. It definitely seems like a new thing for the UK though, do you guys get many censored games over there?

Not normally no. I'm going to guess the "marketing reasons" are we're scared of the UK press/newspapers printing headlines that our game is "pro-Abortion" and "pro-Gay through the use of anal insertion". If so, Ubisoft grow a ####ing spine. The games rated 18 for a reason, parents can burn on their own moral platform if they dare complain about their children playing the game.

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of find the show funnier when "f***" is censored.  But if they censor much more than that, it would wreck too much of the content.

Not normally no. I'm going to guess the "marketing reasons" are we're scared of the UK press/newspapers printing headlines that our game is "pro-Abortion" and "pro-Gay through the use of anal insertion". If so, Ubisoft grow a ####ing spine. The games rated 18 for a reason, parents can burn on their own moral platform if they dare complain about their children playing the game.

I think that's partly true but I think the real reason is that claiming a game is censored generates a lot of headlines and discussion in forums like this, which makes for an effective marketing campaign.

There was the family guy (with mohamed) episode which used the same onscreen text thing, so I think it wouldn't be so bad to use a censor like that.