Fan wiring question

Hey guys. I have a few fans that only use molex for power. I was wondering if there is a way that you can still use the molex connectors on a fan controller via an adapter? If I use an adapter, could I still control all the RPM's and see the RPM's of the fans?

This is the cable that I have found. Let me know if it will work.

http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16812119149

You would need a voltage controller connected to the fan as the above adapter wouldn?t even let you see your RPM as your fans are only molex with two wires and even with a voltage controller connected to the fans you will only be able to control the speed not see the RPM .

short answer is no not really, pwm fans always come with 4 pins these are the only fans that support adjustable fan speeds (without the use of voltage stepdown adapters) these just reduce the voltage to the fan motor, so dont really allow variable fan speeds at a designated rate. By the time youve forked out for a controller than allows variation of the fans, youd be better/cheaper replacing the fans with PWM fans.

Usually 4 pin fans (Not molex) are for the cpu. The fan controller that I want to get has 5 3-pin connectors. So using that adapter that I listed and a fan controller, I could not control the fans with the controller?