Neowin Mobile updated

Today Timan has pushed live the update for Mobile, and I think it's the best yet!

post-2-0-30447400-1322822582_thumb.jpg post-2-0-13009400-1322822587_thumb.jpg

Clicking the arrow next to your avatar opens up the menu above, landscape view is also supported along with all modern smartphones.

post-2-0-17698300-1322822737_thumb.jpg

You can view it in your browser here as well, link to the desktop version is at the bottom of the page.

Looks really impressive !

I've found a very little issue when not logged in: the "Sign In to Comment" button at the bottom of articles redirects to the forum index and not the login.

Looks really impressive !

I've found a very little issue when not logged in: the "Sign In to Comment" button at the bottom of articles redirects to the forum index and not the login.

Yeah we dont really have any control over IPB login, so it's redirected to the forums where you can login.

Gave it a try on my iPod Touch. Really well done; it almost feels like a dedicated app rather than a website. Great job.

Yeah we dont really have any control over IPB login, so it's redirected to the forums where you can login.

Ah right. I saw the main menu thing had a login that redirects to the forum login, so thought that button could to instead of the forum index.

It hardly matters anyway, it looks superb !

Ah right. I saw the main menu thing had a login that redirects to the forum login, so thought that button could to instead of the forum index. It hardly matters anyway, it looks superb !

Yeah I've let Timan know, he's taking a well deserved nap now though :p

• Like 1

Hey, looks great!!

Is there any quick way to get from the Forums index to the main Neowin site? Besides the back button, I can't find a button or link on the Forums index.

Not until the theme is ported to the forums, no.

Neobond.

Is there any plan for bringing DarkSide to Mobile?

If not, then consider this as a suggestion

Nope.

You don't know how hard it is to support different themes etc, and the cost of doing that as well ;)

I was just suggesting a thing.

Not saying that it must be there.

I meant, in the future, if it were possible.

does the ipb app for the iphone work with neowin yet?

If you mean Tapatalk, no we won't be supporting that, The IPB mobile site is already like an app anyway.

I believe he was referring to this: http://www.invisionp...om/suite/iphone

If you're running IP.Board 3.1, your community is already compatible with the iPhone app! Simply direct your users to the iTunes app page, and they can add your community to their iPhone.

In that case, yes it should work :)