A Frosty Reception for Coca-Cola's White Christmas Cans

Wtf are you talking about? The difference between regular Coke and Diet Coke are EXTREMELY different. It's blatantly obvious which is which. If you think diet and regular drinks taste the same, then your tongue is damaged or something. They are really 2 different drinks, like Diet Coke shouldn't even say Coke, they are that different.

btw im not trying to be mean or anything :D

------------------

I can understand people getting them confused. I mean when i see a full red can, I think coke, i dont even have to read the can. When I see a full silver can next to it, I think diet. I personally would notice the difference but I can see people getting confused.

Hell I'm so sensitive I can tell the difference between Dr.Pepper and Diet Dr. no matter what claims they make that it tastes the same, I can tell, and it sucks

• Like 1

LOL wut?

Psychological or what?

Everyone knows it only tastes different between cans, bottles, and pumps

That's what I was going to say. It's ridiculous. People need to get lives...

Pop makers are transitioning to a new sweetener called Stevia - based on a leaf used for sweetening in S. America for centuries. I can detect no aftertaste, and it's sweet as hell. Doesn't spike my blood sugar like some artificial sweeteners do either. Brands include Truvia, Purvia, Stevia in the Raw and others.

Coke is IMO only suitable for removing rust. BLEH!!

Gimme Faygo (Rock & Rye, Redpop or Black Cherry), Dr. Pepper, Vernor's Ginger Ale, or A&W Root Beer.

Better yet: a good dark beer.

Oh yes, I would take a beer over a coke any day of the week! :D

Your sense of taste is partially affected by your genes. One example I know of, they can distinguish people who will find broccoli bitter and those who won't by analyzing a specific gene. Some people can tell the difference between regular and diet soda, others can't. For me personally, diet soda leaves a nasty aftertaste.

If you are to dumb to read a label then drink water

Your sense of taste is partially affected by your genes. One example I know of, they can distinguish people who will find broccoli bitter and those who won't by analyzing a specific gene. Some people can tell the difference between regular and diet soda, others can't. For me personally, diet soda leaves a nasty aftertaste.

Yeah.. I can not even stand the smell of diet soda when I open the bottle

And to most people, picking up a can is a VERY quick decision. Hence coke have chosen RED for full-fat, WHITE/SILVER for diet.
Erm... in my country, the diet can/bottle is black.

Heres an idea. Learn to read instead of choosing something based off the way it looks.
Reading specifications, assuming they are truthful? Do you want the guild of advertising/marketing to go after you and your family?

Reading specifications, assuming they are truthful? Do you want the guild of advertising/marketing to go after you and your family?

If it says Diet, it is Diet, If it doesnt say Diet, then its not Diet. Simple as that. Dr Pepper cans are the same as Mr Pibb....you dont see people confusing those tho.

People want things these days to be idiot proof instead of actually having intelligence and knowing what you are buying/getting.

People want things these days to be idiot proof instead of actually having intelligence and knowing what you are buying/getting.
Dude, they are watching this forum. Stop being intelligent. They will come after you.

Others felt that regular Coke tasted different in the white cans.

Most of this article was "the usual stuff" imo, but this part just made me want to hit someone.

My Dad had a one of these cans the other day when I saw him. First thing I wondered was why he had a Diet Coke. Realized after he set it down it didn't say diet on it. I haven't had any dark pop in months, though I can't stand Diet Coke. To me it tastes almost metallic, horrible aftertaste. Much prefer regular coke. I also prefer coke over pepsi by a lot.