Opera 11.60 (Tunny) Release Candidate

Tunny Release Candidate

This is the first Opera 11.60 (Tunny) Release Candidate.

A Release Candidate could potentially be released as the final version if there are no issues that are serious enough to block the release. If there are any issues that are not critical, please wait for the next Wahoo (Opera 12) snapshot, and discuss it there instead.

Windows users will notice that we have removed the native skin. Rather than having to maintain two separate skins, we're putting more effort into improving the standard skin. If you would like to discuss this change, please create a thread in the forum, or post in an existing thread if one already exists.

Source: Opera Desktop Team blog

Download:

It's pretty obvious their current interface strategy isn't going anywhere. The browser doesn't fit in on any desktop platform and never did. Why they still bother trying to marginally improve it is beyond me.

Tunny Release Candidate

This is the first Opera 11.60 (Tunny) Release Candidate.

A Release Candidate could potentially be released as the final version if there are no issues that are serious enough to block the release. If there are any issues that are not critical, please wait for the next Wahoo (Opera 12) snapshot, and discuss it there instead.

Windows users will notice that we have removed the native skin. Rather than having to maintain two separate skins, we're putting more effort into improving the standard skin. If you would like to discuss this change, please create a thread in the forum, or post in an existing thread if one already exists.

Source: Opera Desktop Team blog

Download:

:/

I was just about to bitch about the removal of the Windows default skin.

Then i noticed i've been using the Opera standard skin since i formatted my laptop :laugh:

There's not that much different tbh.

I'm staying on 11.5. They changed many

It's pretty obvious their current interface strategy isn't going anywhere. The browser doesn't fit in on any desktop platform and never did. Why they still bother trying to marginally improve it is beyond me.

I don't what you're talking about. It is the most beautiful browser on Windows.

captureieb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I like opera, have not had problems (except for the broken flash 2 or so iterations ago)..... it is my main browser and it is extremely rare that I would open anything else.

Interested to see what is new in the 12 release (as these increments are only marginal to some extent in my case).

I'm staying on 11.5. They changed many

I don't what you're talking about. It is the most beautiful browser on Windows.

It really isn't :/ It's un-native as hell on all platforms and really sticks out of place compared to browsers such as IE9 and FF.

It really isn't :/ It's un-native as hell on all platforms and really sticks out of place compared to browsers such as IE9 and FF.

Each of its own. I like it because it's not native. Very minimalistic and clean.

Its reasonably native on windows, it doesn't really look any worse than chrome or firefox (aside from the winxp style menus)