Buy the Nexus Galaxy for 744 on eBay now or wait?

Please provide some advise my fellow neowins, well it's the morning in the U.S and everyday now for the past month I log onto neowin to see if this new nexus galaxy phone has been released yet and unfortunately today is another failure on seeing this phone being released in the U.S.

However I did stumble upon this phone being sold on eBay.com being sold for 744 total with shipping(over 20 have been sold already), so my question is does anyone have any idea on the retail price for this phone once released in the U.S?

I will have to pay full retail but no not mind, also how confident is this December 8th release date?

So the Final question is should I buy this beautiful phone on eBay or wait until next week?

The ebay listing can be found here

I really want this phone, for the past 3 months I have been using this phone and hate it :)

0063575348034_215X215.jpg$14.99 at walmart.

Thanks for your advise and thoughts!

$750 sounds about right for a sim-free Nexus.

Thanks for the reply, and also thanks for pointing out this phone is a sim free nexus, i did not catch that.

I most likely will get this phone onto tmobiles network so will need the nexus galaxy with the ability to accept my sim.

Anyone know the price for the nexus galaxy phone with sim?

Thanks for the reply, and also thanks for pointing out this phone is a sim free nexus, i did not catch that.

I most likely will get this phone onto tmobiles network so will need the nexus galaxy with the ability to accept my sim.

If you get it with a SIM, the price will be subsidised (i.e. Less). How much less....? Dunno yet. But it's probably worth waiting.

I think you mistake what SIM free means. SIM Free just means that it comes completely unlocked, and will accept cards from any network.

I think you mistake what SIM free means. SIM Free just means that it comes completely unlocked, and will accept cards from any network.

Ah I see, Thank you very much for the clarification.

phone is supposed to be released on the 9th... not confirmed, but i think you should wait. you'll kick yourself in the ass for not waiting a few more days.

phone is supposed to be released on the 9th... not confirmed, but i think you should wait. you'll kick yourself in the ass for not waiting a few more days.

That's the Verizon version so that's CDMA/LTE - wont work on GSM networks.

Just be patient for a few days. You'll likely be able to save yourself a good amount of money.

AH your both right! I will hold off for just a couple of days more and hope for the best once again!

That's the Verizon version so that's CDMA/LTE - wont work on GSM networks.

Ah I see Okay I didn't know verizon had its own version, Thanks for the info I will just wait until I can pick up the nexus galaxy for tmobile at my local best buys once this phone is finally released here in the U.S.

There is a fair bit of misinformation in here, and some misunderstanding.

First off the sim free means it is unlocked(As stated by previous poster) and usable at some carriers if you buy their simcard.

Second off, the galaxy nexus coming out here is as far as we know, verizon only, you wont be able to use it on tmobile. we also have no clue if tmobile is even getting it.(It has been speculated that ATT might later but no real solid info)

so your options are to either buy an international unlocked phone, or switch to verizon in a couple days when it releases for them.

edit: spelling

Personally, I would go for the Galaxy S2 and save $300-400 unlocked.

This guy knows what he's talking about! I just saw an AT&T SGS II for $350 on craigslist. A better phone for half the price? Yes, please!

So the Galaxy S2 would be a better buy in terms of specs? I want to get the Galaxy Nexus but if the S2 would be a better buy I'll consider that one.

also, would it possible to root the phone and put the 4.0 ICS that will be on the Galaxy Nexus on the S2? I don't really like Touch Wiz.

There is a fair bit of misinformation in here, and some misunderstanding.

First off the sim free means it is unlocked(As stated by previous poster) and usable at some carriers if you buy their simcard.

Second off, the galaxy nexus coming out here is as far as we know, verizon only, you wont be able to use it on tmobile. we also have no clue if tmobile is even getting it.(It has been speculated that ATT might later but no real solid info)

so your options are to either buy an international unlocked phone, or switch to verizon in a couple days when it releases for them.

edit: spelling

Thank you for the information, Today I went to two radio shacks and they both had one each in their inventory but their computers would not allow the sale :(

The price for the phone without contract was $799.99.

Chances are that yes you will be able to put some form of ICS on a Galaxy S2 and as people have said, in terms of value for money it really is the better option. I do like the styling of the nexus but don't think I would put down that much cash for a lesser phone in my view.

Wait....why would you pay $750 for a phone that will cost $599 when it officially comes out? Can you really not have a bit more patience for it to be released in the next week or two? So what if it comes unlocked? You can unlock it yourself for $10 - $15 online. I have done that with my phone.

Wait....why would you pay $750 for a phone that will cost $599 when it officially comes out? Can you really not have a bit more patience for it to be released in the next week or two? So what if it comes unlocked? You can unlock it yourself for $10 - $15 online. I have done that with my phone.

I was at the verizon store when i was quoted $799.99 for this phone without contract which I don't believe it was being sold unlocked.

I was told however that the phone could not be sold and actually must be sent back.

Mostly everyone is saying it will be out before xmas so thats going to be my own personal deadline before I just bite the bullet and go online to snag one of these bad boys.

That phone is NOT worth $800....are you kidding me?? The almost identical Galaxy S2 is sold for 549.99......it's $250 less! You are essentially paying $250 more for slightly better resolution. People these days.....