Photo

How to sync music to iPhone using 2 different Macs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:20

I have 2 macs and both have different music and how do i sync my music into my iphone with my 2 different macs? i know iphone only takes 1 mac at a time and is there any way to go around it?

thx

#2 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:22

So you want to amalgamate the music onto your iPhone? I don't think that's possible.

Why don't you just merge your iTunes libraries so you just have it on one Mac instead of two? Problem solved. :D

#3 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:23

This is a slippery path I wouldn't risk walking on.
AFAIK it's not possible.

Why not use a home server/DLNA certified NAS to hold the music and synch with one Mac?
Or just synch both libraries?

If that's not option, I don't know what I can tell you to be honest.
I shall have a google ride for you in a few moments, so hold out! :D

My guess is, one of the Macs is not your's right?

Glassed Silver:mac

#4 shifts

shifts

Neowinian

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:24

I had the same requirement. Reason for having it on 2 systems is because you might want to keep them both in line with each other. Nothing worse than wanting to synch from mac 1 and it tells you it wants to delete all your music etc.

It's possible with editing a XML file on both machines but at the moment I don't have the link. Soon as I find it I will post.

#5 OP perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:28

So you want to amalgamate the music onto your iPhone? I don't think that's possible.

Why don't you just merge your iTunes libraries so you just have it on one Mac instead of two? Problem solved. :D

This is a slippery path I wouldn't risk walking on.
AFAIK it's not possible.

Why not use a home server/DLNA certified NAS to hold the music and synch with one Mac?
Or just synch both libraries?

If that's not option, I don't know what I can tell you to be honest.
I shall have a google ride for you in a few moments, so hold out! :D

My guess is, one of the Macs is not your's right?

Glassed Silver:mac

I googled before and all the articles about syncing in different macs are couple years old and dont think it works anymore.
I was thinking copy the entire iTunes music folder and paste it into 1 mac and sync... i think thats the only way... damn apple... :/

I had the same requirement. Reason for having it on 2 systems is because you might want to keep them both in line with each other. Nothing worse than wanting to synch from mac 1 and it tells you it wants to delete all your music etc.

It's possible with editing a XML file on both machines but at the moment I don't have the link. Soon as I find it I will post.

i did that before and it wouldn't work. still kept asking me to delete my music and sync the new machine.