Popular Android apps $0.10 in Android Market

As long as I can only pay with credit card, I won't pay for the software on my phone. Why? Because I can't... I don't (and won't) own a credit card.

Plenty of free software out there though...

As long as I can only pay with credit card, I won't pay for the software on my phone. Why? Because I can't... I don't (and won't) own a credit card.

Plenty of free software out there though...

You don't need a credit card. It works just fine with my debit card.

wow day 3 and 4 apps are horrible

day 3 -- 7 games,1 app,1 wallpaper, 1 kids app

day 4 -- 7 games,1 app,1 wallpaper, 1 kids app

come on Google give us some real app not just games...

To all of you complaining.... come on. It's "popular apps" and they didn't *have* to lower the price on anything. They're doing a favour to people who want them, and getting people to look into apps they wouldn't have before. I certainly wouldn't have ever gotten some of these if they weren't so cheap during this deal. So you're not usually a gamer, why not check one of them out? Who knows, you might have fun. Either way, there's no need to whinge and be negative about it, they're taking "popular" apps. Sorry they didn't ask for your personal opinion...

(really not trying to be mean or call anyone out, I just hate when people complain about free gifts or promotions like this just because it doesn't suit their particular fancy... it's better than nothing!)

You don't need a credit card. It works just fine with my debit card.

Same thing... if Google wants to do business in The Netherlands, they should implement iDeal (it's the only popular internet payment method in The Netherlands).

(BTW, Maestro, which is used for dutch debit cards, is not supported)

Same thing... if Google wants to do business in The Netherlands, they should implement iDeal (it's the only popular internet payment method in The Netherlands).

(BTW, Maestro, which is used for dutch debit cards, is not supported)

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Google needs to start something like you can do with iTunes (don't use it myself) whereby you can buy iTunes gift cards etc and gift them to others. My daughter has an Android phone, and I'm very reluctant to put my card details on her account in case there are 'issues'. I'd love to be able to just get her a gift card from any one of the hundreds of high street stores that sell them nearby.

Google needs to start something like you can do with iTunes (don't use it myself) whereby you can buy iTunes gift cards etc and gift them to others. My daughter has an Android phone, and I'm very reluctant to put my card details on her account in case there are 'issues'. I'd love to be able to just get her a gift card from any one of the hundreds of high street stores that sell them nearby.

That would be awesome. Then again, Apple would probably try to sue, saying they have an exclusive patent on gift cards for app stores :laugh:

That would be great. I bought an iPhone for my girlfriend because it's easier for her to use. (wouldn't want an iPhone myself... but it's perfect for her) The gift cards are indeed a great idea.

That would be awesome. Then again, Apple would probably try to sue, saying they have an exclusive patent on gift cards for app stores :laugh:

Google should call the giftcards iGive... just to **** off Apple.

Anyone else getting errors while trying to process your order? I have tired it on a few apps and they all give the same error.

Anyone else getting errors while trying to process your order? I have tired it on a few apps and they all give the same error.

yes, I thought it was just me, and that maybe my credit card company had flagged my account. They could be overloaded right now... Guess we need to try again later.

yes, I thought it was just me, and that maybe my credit card company had flagged my account. They could be overloaded right now... Guess we need to try again later.

Just making sure it wasn't just me :p Game Dev Story seems interesting so I will be getting that and Need For Speed: Shift :)

To all of you complaining.... come on. It's "popular apps" and they didn't *have* to lower the price on anything. They're doing a favour to people who want them, and getting people to look into apps they wouldn't have before. I certainly wouldn't have ever gotten some of these if they weren't so cheap during this deal. So you're not usually a gamer, why not check one of them out? Who knows, you might have fun. Either way, there's no need to whinge and be negative about it, they're taking "popular" apps. Sorry they didn't ask for your personal opinion...

(really not trying to be mean or call anyone out, I just hate when people complain about free gifts or promotions like this just because it doesn't suit their particular fancy... it's better than nothing!)

They're not doing any favors, it's a marketing move.

They're not doing any favors, it's a marketing move.

A successful one, IMHO. Cheap apps and no strings attached. (Y)

Stop making sense for once and join the herd :laugh:

:laugh: NEVAR!

I was using shazam free when i saw sound hound for $0.10 and I bought it....

Now Shazam is on sale...

seems like sound hound is better than shazam IMO....

I wanted to ask about this--was trying to do a bit of research. I got SoundHound as well, you think I should just stick with it? I haven't used either before so I was going to get them both and see which ended up working better. If you have the experience, though, I may not bother...

I'm getting errors when trying to purchase apps. I guess I'll wait a little later. I hope they didn't block my credit card from so many transactions lol, I wish there was an option to select multiple apps and purchase it one time rather than purchase individual apps.