samsung galaxy s2 ics ice cream sandwich

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 13 December 2011 - 00:28

I won't be rooting my s2 until its at least a year old. Like to keep my warranty while the phone is still valuable!!

I just hope samsung doesn't ruin ics too much. Googles done a fantastic job with the ui.

Rooting only voids the warranty if you take it in rooted. Most people just flash the stock ROM/firmware back before returning it. In fact, most providers require you to at least try a "repair" or "restore" on the phone before sending it in. Which would remove any rooting or custom ROMs.

#17 OP Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:33

Rooting only voids the warranty if you take it in rooted. Most people just flash the stock ROM/firmware back before returning it. In fact, most providers require you to at least try a "repair" or "restore" on the phone before sending it in. Which would remove any rooting or custom ROMs.

I read that flashing a non-official rom increases the "flash counter" which is how they can tell custom software has been installed. Apparently you need a "USB jig" to lower it again?

#18 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:49

I read that flashing a non-official rom increases the "flash counter" which is how they can tell custom software has been installed. Apparently you need a "USB jig" to lower it again?

Depends on the phone. Even then, there are tools that bypass that as well ;)

#19 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 December 2011 - 17:32

Reflashing the bootloaders would reset it I believe.

#20 DeathsyctheHe11

DeathsyctheHe11

Neowinian

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:53

Well, if you look at this video, ICS seems butchered by the touchwiz....

#21 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:04

I won't be rooting my s2 until its at least a year old. Like to keep my warranty while the phone is still valuable!!

Unrooting is just as easy as rooting. So no worries about the warranty. I had the Spring SGSII version for a few days before I returned it and went Verizon. I had it rooted and unrooted before I took it back to Sprint.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!