What bands from now will be popular 30 years from now

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 16:40

None really listed above to be honest, Music changes a lot within a short time frame. Most if not all will wont be popular 30 years from now.

#47 TCA

TCA

Neowinian Senior

• 2,917 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 29 January 2012 - 16:47

Hardly any. I was talking about this lastnight and we really couldn't come up with anything near like what The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc have accomplished. Everything these days seems to be passing fads.

That's exactly what it is anymore, just a fad. Make a few albums then someone new comes along and the other is forgotten.

#48 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,966 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 29 January 2012 - 21:47

I'd bet Nirvana will still be popular 30 years from now, which would annoy me, as I think they're overrated. When it comes to the big four of grunge, I'll always put them last (then it's tricky on deciding the other three; Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam). Hopefully Pearl Jam will be there too. And this one might be a long shot, but I'd really love it if Rush were still as popular by then. They're still going after 43 years, they've probably still got at least five more in them, and they're the kings of prog rock, so their popularity is fairly unlikely to dwindle, as it hasn't been the same since the 70's and 80's.

#49 spedanden

spedanden

Spedanden was his name-o

• 397 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 29 January 2012 - 22:04

Some of the bands mentioned are not big enough now to be around in 30 years. You gotta think, the original bands mentioned and bands from the 60s/70s that are still relevant have sold 10's if not 100's of millions of albums. Nirvana and U2 are safe bets. Coldplay Im not sure of, yeah they had really good songs 8-10ish years ago but since the songs have been forgettable. All of the bands that have lasted had hit cd after hit cd for at least 5 albums, with songs on them that were MEGA popular and very accessible. Bands from the past 10-20 years have had albums songs that met that criteria, but within 5-10 years the music went from amazing to listenable at best.

#50 vetsanctified

sanctified

A promise to myself: to be harder, to not care, to be cool.

• 20,559 posts
  • Phone: ..

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:42

Right, because innovators couldn't possibly be popular years later....Beatles, the Rolling Stones....

Not all innovators are popular years later, not all popular bands innovate. Say whatever you want, thats the truth and I was talking about a specific case: White Stripes are not innovators, I never said that. But people will still listem to them in the future. You think otherwise then you seriously have been living under a rock.

So yeah, his post whas dumb, and your's too by thinking all popular bands innovate (BTW, Rolling Stones? Innovators? Please (Signed: A huge Rolling Stones fan)

#51 vetPink Floyd

Pink Floyd

Neowinian Senior

• 13,253 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:01

Can pink floyd be considered as actual band? :)

#52 Kerm

Kerm

Neowinian Senior

• 8,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:06

Coldplay will go on for a long time...

Unfortunately. They've been getting progressively worse. Parachutes ftw.

Radiohead is my big guess.

#53 vetPink Floyd

Pink Floyd

Neowinian Senior

• 13,253 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:18

Unfortunately. They've been getting progressively worse. Parachutes ftw.

Radiohead is my big guess.

you might be right, but personally, I think Radiohead got lost after ok computer.

#54 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:11

I still think Rammstein hold's that trigger for worldwide band (behind the Beatles.)

#55 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:45

I still think Rammstein hold's that trigger for worldwide band (behind the Beatles.)

Rammstein > the Beatles

#56 wahoospa

wahoospa

Neowinian

• 798 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:16

30 years from now all the bands from today will probably be deaf.

#57 DPyro

DPyro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,212 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:27

No question Green Day. They haven't put out a bad album yet and they even have their own live musical.

#58 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• 2,559 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:30

To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard a Pearl Jam or Radiohead song.

I think alot of music will still be popular in 30 years. I still listen to some songs I heard when I was a child, for example: 2pac ft. Dr Dre - California Love.

#59 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,916 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:27

Okay-- lets think about it-- What bands are popular now that were popular 30 years ago-- Hrrmm... Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Kiss -- Now using that logic -- the only logical answer would have to be --

'N Sync

Let us hope history is proved wrong--
Note:
This is only a joke -- but think about that logic--
I mean the other day I heard a re-make of a song from the 70's.
Just think-- Hollywood is remaking shows and movies from the 70's and 80's
So soon probably == you will see some remake from the songs from today 30 years later... maybe a computer generated Boy-Band....

I hope history is wrong......

#60 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,966 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:58

So soon probably == you will see some remake from the songs from today 30 years later... maybe a computer generated Boy-Band....

I hope history is wrong......

Well, a CGI boyband is almost inevitable. We've already had Gorillaz; they're not a boyband, but when you see them live, they're a full CGI band. And over in Japan, there's Hatsune Miku...

Just to reiterate there, Hatsune Miku is a Vocaloid, which is a singing synthesiser that you program to sing words or phrases at whatever pitch you choose. So yeah, that video shows thousands of people cheering and waving glowsticks at a giant hologram of a singing synthesiser. I like Japan, but even I can't get into that. :s

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!