Two years, two thousand posts.

So it's be a little over two years and this is my 2000th post. Averaging 1000 posts a year seems rather slow however I've never been one to +1 to post for the sake of a +1.

In the last two years I've had the opportunity to write front page news for Neowin which have collectively garnered over 800,000 hits since I started in September of 2010. I have seen the whole news team transform and change the methods of publishing and writing news and have seen staff come and go. There are still a few guys I would like to thank which I don't think I ever did properly.

First person on that list is Steve (Neobond), I'd like to thank you Steve for putting up with my antics whilst on staff and also for pushing me to write an article. Without the pushes I likely would have failed l7d a few more times. Additionally I'd like to add thanks for the awesome comments about the articles I wrote - when I did write an article that was good. :p Oh and obviously thanks for putting up with me leaving/rejoining staff, twice.

Second for thanks is Dave Legg. When I joined the site I knew next to nothing about programming. Since joining I have managed to self teach myself a few languages which might have taken longer had I not had you to refer to for dumb questions. I'll set the daily teasing aside because the code help did help a lot. Oh and thanks for helping me not to be robbed/get lost in London and your hospitality in Oxford. (Y)

Thirdly on the "list of people to embarrass" is Owen W. Had it not been for you I wouldn't have been on staff at all. Thanks for making a case for me and thanks for being such a good friend. Whenever I needed you, you were there. Except the times you were dodging of course. :p Lately I'm a little disappointed you've converted from MS to Apple but for the things you've done for me, I can forgive you. :p Thanks bro. :)

Almost everyone, I'd also like to mention Tzvi Friedman and Andrew Lyle. Thanks to both of you for rejecting my articles (I kid. Sort of). Tzvi, you're one of the wittiest and most humorous guys I've ever met - it's sad to see you go inactive but I wish you the best in life. Andrew, you put up with my sometimes inconsistent articles and odd ideas which didn't always work out (cough* tshirt contest). You're a very cool guy and I felt you deserved being named. (Y)

Finally I'd like to thank everyone on staff for not only building a terrific website and forum but for being such nice guys (ladys - (Laura)) in the process.

However thanking staff wouldn't be happening had they not had a reason to be here so I'd lastly like to thank the whole of the Neowin community for being awesome. I've met a lot of nice people here and some great friends. Here's to another thousand posts and another year and lets see if we can accomplish new heights for Neowin!

Congrats. I have over 17,000 posts. You jelly?

Lets see here Anaron...

Am I jelly...

So it's be a little over two years and this is my 2000th post. Averaging 1000 posts a year seems rather slow however I've never been one to +1 to post for the sake of a +1.

I think I am.

Lets see here Anaron...

Am I jelly...

I think I am.

:p

I only tease you because I consider you to be a good friend. :) I miss the tinychat shenanigans.

In the last two years I've had the opportunity to write front page news for Neowin which have collectively garnered over 800,000 hits since I started in September of 2010. I have seen the whole news team transform and change the methods of publishing and writing news and have seen staff come and go. There are still a few guys I would like to thank which I don't think I ever did properly.

First person on that list is Steve (Neobond), I'd like to thank you Steve for putting up with my antics whilst on staff and also for pushing me to write an article. Without the pushes I likely would have failed l7d a few more times. Additionally I'd like to add thanks for the awesome comments about the articles I wrote - when I did write an article that was good. :p Oh and obviously thanks for putting up with me leaving/rejoining staff, twice.

Second for thanks is Dave Legg. When I joined the site I knew next to nothing about programming. Since joining I have managed to self teach myself a few languages which might have taken longer had I not had you to refer to for dumb questions. I'll set the daily teasing aside because the code help did help a lot. Oh and thanks for helping me not to be robbed/get lost in London and your hospitality in Oxford. (Y)

Thirdly on the "list of people to embarrass" is Owen W. Had it not been for you I wouldn't have been on staff at all. Thanks for making a case for me and thanks for being such a good friend. Whenever I needed you, you were there. Except the times you were dodging of course. :p Lately I'm a little disappointed you've converted from MS to Apple but for the things you've done for me, I can forgive you. :p Thanks bro. :)

Almost everyone, I'd also like to mention Tzvi Friedman and Andrew Lyle. Thanks to both of you for rejecting my articles (I kid. Sort of). Tzvi, you're one of the wittiest and most humorous guys I've ever met - it's sad to see you go inactive but I wish you the best in life. Andrew, you put up with my sometimes inconsistent articles and odd ideas which didn't always work out (cough* tshirt contest). You're a very cool guy and I felt you deserved being named. (Y)

Finally I'd like to thank everyone on staff for not only building a terrific website and forum but for being such nice guys (ladys - (Laura)) in the process.

However thanking staff wouldn't be happening had they not had a reason to be here so I'd lastly like to thank the whole of the Neowin community for being awesome. I've met a lot of nice people here and some great friends. Here's to another thousand posts and another year and lets see if we can accomplish new heights for Neowin!

It's a joke okay. This is the longest 2000th post speech I have ever read seen! :rofl:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...