Music Beta from Windows Store spotted

this asserts that metro indeed sucks. why are they ruining the desktop...??

No it doesn't, it shows that that app is a beta and very basic, probably more of a demo app like some of the others since it's on the store and not part of the system OOTB.

this asserts that metro indeed sucks. why are they ruining the desktop...??

this one indeed looks dreadful but its a beta or maybe not even that

look at zune on desktop, media players dont get more beautiful than that, and its metro

How the **** did we go from the digital era of HD VIdeo and Pictures to gross looking crap like this? Microsoft this is damn insult...oh wait is your crappy OS too slow to handle it? Makes you wonder...

look at zune on desktop, media players dont get more beautiful than that, and its metro

Zune? Ugliest thing ever. I use VLC.

WMP really needs to bring Zune features to Win8 to have a more robust media player that can do more than just basic stuff. It really is a shame considering Apple includes iTunes in all macs.

You got to be kidding right???

You call Zune the ugliest thing ever but then continue to say you use VLC, presumably because you think it's prettier

And you dare to call yourself techguy, HA

I prefer VLC to play video content, but Zune is way superior to VLC for Music

You call Zune the ugliest thing ever but then continue to say you use VLC, presumably because you think it's prettier

to be precise i dont think that any media player is infefrior to vlc for music

Phew. There are a few objective people on Neowin.

Vlc owns Windows Media Player and Zune and everything what Ms will release in the future. VLC is functional, Zune is not. MS is making non functional OS. it is quite retarded.

Vlc has simple interface and simplicity is beauty and at the same time retaining all functions. Zune -> Metro in general is nonsense (bloated crap).

Vlc owns Windows Media Player and Zune and everything what Ms will release in the future. VLC is functional, Zune is not. MS is making non functional OS. it is quite retarded.

Vlc has simple interface and simplicity is beauty and at the same time retaining all functions. Zune -> Metro in general is nonsense (bloated crap).

VLC has no "designed" interface by default, thats not the same thing. Saying you hate metro is one thing and its okay, cant be good for everyone. But saying that VLC has beauty of simplicity is like saying that a scaffolding or a chassis is beautiful cause of being "simple".

And anyway whats your problem? You can use your favourite 3rd party on Win8 too, dont have to use the built in things. Dont like it, dont use it. Me thinks metro is gorgeous and hope that the whole interface (os and web services alike) gets some nice metro treatment.

VLC is a crappy, ****ty, stinky, fugly, unusable and completely useless piece of junk ever created by mankind. Zune Software and Windows Media Player 12 are a billion times better. Zune's Metro UI is beautiful, elegant, gorgeous, productive and a joy to use.

I use Zune for my music needs and Media Player Classic for video with some Zoom Player if needs be. VLC, no thanks. The only people who seem to like it and use it are those who can't get stuff to work on their systems for whatever reason and VLC has it's own embedded codecs and splitters etc. As for a UI, I don't things it's anything special at all.

I'd like for MS to update Zune and add the WMP features it's missing like Play to etc, then i'd be set.

VLC is what the average user who doesn't know anything about tech uses. It's a good default if you don't want to spend time looking for other software, but there are tons of better alternatives, particularly on Windows, with better features, more elegant UIs, and such. Of course each one of them has specific features that some people think are very important and other people don't care for at all, but nonetheless, for almost everyone, there's something better than VLC out there if they have the desire to look for it.

You gotta be kidding me...

VLC is a crappy, ****ty, stinky, fugly, unusable and completely useless piece of junk ever created by mankind. Zune Software and Windows Media Player 12 are a billion times better. Zune's Metro UI is beautiful, elegant, gorgeous, productive and a joy to use.

And your Windows Media Player 12 can't play mvk and numerous other formats. As I said Vlc player owns it.

I use Zune for my music needs and Media Player Classic for video with some Zoom Player if needs be. VLC, no thanks. The only people who seem to like it and use it are those who can't get stuff to work on their systems for whatever reason and VLC has it's own embedded codecs and splitters etc. As for a UI, I don't things it's anything special at all.

I'd like for MS to update Zune and add the WMP features it's missing like Play to etc, then i'd be set.

Vlc UI is just that simple. it is about functions not about some ****ing flowers flying all over my screen to distract me for real ****ing purpose and that is to play video and audio in highest possible quality and that's what VLC does.

You gotta be kidding me...

And your Windows Media Player 12 can't play mvk and numerous other formats. As I said Vlc player owns it.

Vlc UI is just that simple. it is about functions not about some ****ing flowers flying all over my screen to distract me for real ****ing purpose and that is to play video and audio in highest possible quality and that's what VLC does.

What is this mvk format you speak of?... If your referring to MKV my WMP plays it just fine...

WMP12 plays everything for me.

Actually the picture looks way better on it than VLC.

i did install free thirdparty codecs. But if they are free and easily available. I dont see whats the deal.

I use VLC just if i have to stream a torrent. Coz for some reason the streaming wont work with WMP. uTorrent at fault here.

Well, my WMP12 actually plays everything. Of course I had to install a codec pack... so we both had to install one 3rd party stuff. How you wanna justify that yours is superior? Dont be THAT ass.

And please dont bother telling me that codec packs **** up the system cause you got to be a galactic idiot to install some poorly compiled outdated garbage to do that and even if you do the only thing needed is a finger to push the uninstall button. If you're interested, im using shark007's pack since im migrated to Vista back in 2007 and had no problems at all.

And look, i dont f.....g care about your style but please, how retarded must one be to start an argument on taste? You really basing your argument on the fact you dont need flowers flying around, wich apparantly exist only in your mind? Or at least i dont see any despite tha fact that my WMP12 is running right now.

And honestly, did you even know what you're talking about? If your playing a video wmp12 just gives you the basic controls IF YOU HOVER THE MOUSE OVER THE WINDOW. Otherwise its ONLY SHOWING CONTENT - exactly the same way VLC does. Pull your head out of your ass.