Skype 2.6 for Android: Send photos and videos - just in time for the holida

Skype 2.6 for Android: Send photos and videos - just in time for the holidays!

Today we are thrilled to announce the new version of Skype for Android. With Skype 2.6 for Android, you can send photos and videos to friends or family from Skype on your Android device. It's now even easier to share those special moments with your loved ones or send files and view documents on the go while on a business trip. And it's free and works over WiFi or 3G on a mobile data plan.*

android%20picture.png

As well as bringing you photo, video and file sending, we've also improved battery life and video quality with Skype 2.6 for Android on devices using NVIDIA's Tegra 2 chipset, which include amongst others; the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Motorola XOOM and Acer Iconia Tablet. Now you can take full advantage of the big screen with better video quality than ever before.

We are also working hard to extend the list of whitelisted devices for video support. These handsets have been tested by Skype's Engineering Team to ensure the best possible video experience. Latest additions include the HTC Amaze 4G, Motorola DROID 4 and Motorola DROID RAZR. In general, almost anyone with an Android device running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above can try out Skype video calling for free*. We'll let you know if you can turn on video calling when you first start up Skype on a non whitelisted handset.

We're excited about these new enhancements, adding even more value to the things you can already do on Skype for Android like video calling, sending and receiving instant messages for free or making phone calls to mobiles and landlines worldwide at great Skype rates. We've brought this out just in time for the upcoming holiday season, so you can share your special moments with your loved ones.

Download Skype 2.6 for Android from the Android Market or simply scan the QR code below.

If you would like to discuss this new release or have any questions, please feel free to visit our new Skype Support Network or join the #SkypeTalks session with our Skype for Android product team on Thursday, December 15 at 6 PM GMT/1 PM EST/10 AM PST.

To participate tweet your Skype for Android questions at @Skype or @SkypeAndroid and make sure to use the hashtag #SkypeTalks. Don't have a Twitter account? Don't fret: the #SkypeTalks session will also be happening simultaneously on the Skype Support Network.

QR%20Code%20for%20Android.png

Source:

Skype blog

What a great new feature they have added to the Android version!

I finally feel like my Android apps are either the same quality/better than the iPhone equivalent now! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 2.6 this last weekend on my G2x and it works very well. I was able to show my newborn girl to the family across the country!