Looking for a new phone, what're the best droics out there? (AT&T)

Samsung Galaxy S II, until the Galaxy Nexus is released outside of Verizon for the USA else you will have to pay around $700 for it in the USA for ATT

So defiantly worth it to go ahead and buy the Samsung Galaxy S II? I just don't want to be throwing money at a phone that will be obsolete ina few months. Also, I will be messing around with some Android development if that matters for anything.

So defiantly worth it to go ahead and buy the Samsung Galaxy S II? I just don't want to be throwing money at a phone that will be obsolete ina few months. Also, I will be messing around with some Android development if that matters for anything.

I'd go for the Galaxy S II.

Any phone you buy is going to be obsolete in a few months

Mobile World Congress 2012 - BAM! Galaxy S III :rofl:

The top devices for AT&T right now are the SGS II, the SGS II Skyrocket (LTE), the HTC Vivid (LTE), and the LG Nitro HD (LTE+720p).

I just got to play with the Nitro yesterday, and it's screen is very nice. Full 720p (not pentile like the Galaxy Nexus), LTE, seems very quick also, only issue is that it is loaded to the brim with ****. It definitely needs a custom ROM to clear all the crap off of it.

As for the HTC, it's got LTE as well, but only a qHD screen. HTC Sense has gone from the premier manufacturer's launcher, to absolute garbage, adding so much bloat to a phone that it can turn a great phone into a dirt slow, buggy, POS. I would also avoid it without custom software.

That leaves the SGS II and the SGS II Skyrocket. Having owned two Samsung Android devices previously (the Captivate then the Infuse), I very much like Samsung's devices. Choosing between the two is a little more difficult. For one, if you really want LTE and that's your biggest priority, then the Skyrocket is your best bet (though I think I'd go Nitro if I needed LTE). The standard SGS II will likely have more developer support though.

Honestly, I'm not even sure which I'd pick. Perhaps the Nitro even, but I'd have to play with it more first. The SGS II is a VERY solid choice. Just depends on what your priorities are, screen? lte? processing power?

Go with Samsung galaxy S II, not the skyrocket. The skyrocket has a little bit slower cpu, no gorilla glass and worst battery life due to the LTE. The regular Galaxy S II is the closest one to the international one, which receives a lot more support from developers. I myself got one from AT&T too, upgrading from 3GS. The phone is FAST, all I have to say. But I do fine myself still using 3GS from time to time, missed my apps. However, one thing switching over to Android that annoyed me is the menu button. In iOS, there's always a place on the screen for settings or options or to go back. In Android, you always go one extra step and press menu or back button to go to settings/options. It is something so simple but annoys the crap out of me, but they somewhat fixed it with ICS.