NFL approves 9-year TV deals with CBS, Fox, NBC

NFL approves 9-year TV deals with CBS, Fox, NBC

The NFL is a booming business and one that's set to continue growing exponentially over the next decade, thanks to the latest CBA providing 10 years of labor peace.

The business of growing began in earnest on Wednesday at the NFL owners meetings when the league announced a nine-year extensions of television agreements with CBS, FOX and NBC.

"NFL clubs have approved 9-year extensions of TV agreements w/CBS, FOX, NBC thru 2022," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tweeted. "NFL stays on broadcast TV."

The new television deals will provide some changes to current coverage. For instance, CBS will begin broadcasting NFC and AFC games for the first time in the history of the partnership.

?CBS has been broadcasting the NFL for 52 years, and we are extremely pleased to extend our long-term partnership,? said Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports. ?This commitment is further proof of the valued relationship CBS shares with the NFL and of the overall strength of CBS Sports. The opportunity to add quality NFC games greatly enhances our television package. We look forward to continued growth as we broadcast the NFL for many more years to come.?

As a result of the extended agreement, CBS will broadcast Super Bowl L in 2016, Super Bowl LIII in 2019 and Super Bowl LVI in 2022, in addition to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans in 2013. Fox and NBC will also televise three Super Bowls over the course of the agreement.

The Thanksgiving night game, aired on the NFL Network since its inception, will be moved to NBC beginning in 2012, giving each major broadcast network a holiday game.

Additionally, the deal also provides for an expanded Thursday night package on NFL Network and the possibility for "flexing" games between Fox and CBS, the latter beginning in 2014.

Source: cbssports.com

No more NFL network games on Thanksgiving? Yay!

Now, I wish the NFL and networks (except NBC) would with the times and have a live streaming service for the games. It's not worth the cost and time for NFL Rewind; most of the best parts are available on nfl.com during and after a game anyway. NBC streams every game for free in HD, while NFL.com essentially gives you the beginning, end, and highlights in between while guys sit in the studio and talk. It's lame. DIRECTV isn't a legitimate option to me for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Yea, I wish there was an option to purchase Sunday ticket from any service provider. I may look into the PS3 option next season, but for some reason $300+ was too much for only a handful of games that werent going to air in my area. Trying to locate a bootleg streaming option was so frustrating.