I have never played any of the Elder Scrolls games...but have interest in S

Confession time, I haven played any of the elder scrolls games but do have an interest in playing Skyrim. Is it to late to pick up the series, will I be utterly lost?

Confession time, I haven played any of the elder scrolls games but do have an interest in playing Skyrim. Is it to late to pick up the series, will I be utterly lost?

Absolutely not.

Although they are based in the same world, their story-lines for each are typically quite separated. My brother hadn't played Morrowind or Oblivion, yet found Skyrim easy to play (and he doesn't game a lot), and has now clocked in 50 hours within even being near finishing.

Pick it up, play it, love it. :D

I've never played any of the elder scrolls games either, but I am addicted to skyrim. ;)

Same here. I actually just started getting back into pc gaming in March. just picked up oblivion a few weeks ago. Needless to say, this is one that will consume many nights.

It helps to know more about the lore, as always. And some events in past games are recorded in books, so it's fun to see the historians' major messups. But in all honesty, each game is standalone.

i didn't play Morrowind before Oblivion and enjoyed very much.And i think Skyrim is worth playing even if you didn't like Oblivion.(those gates you know what i mean).But it's a very time consuming game,you can't just play half an hour and go back to real life.You'll feel awful if you have to quit the game as i have many times

Skyrim certainly needs no previously play in the prequels to enjoy. In fact, Skyrim is my girlfriend's first Elder Scrolls game and she's loving it.

It may however get you into the series, thus seeking to learn all you can about the in-game world. :p

There's a book in Skyrim that goes over what happened in Oblivion at least, if you don't have any plans on playing it: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Oblivion_Crisis

usually I don't like playing RPGs. but I gave Skyrim a go .. it was fantastic. I hated Fallout 3 though.

Yeah I find the vibrant medieval-with-magic atmospheres of the Elder Scrolls games far more engaging than a post-nuclear world where everything is flat, brown, nothing works and there are mutants everywhere.

It is really fun. It 'expands' the RPG game I think. Besides being open world or 'sandboxish' ala Read Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed for example, besides a detailed and engaging main quest line, the sub quest lines are epic in scale and would be any other games main quest line tbh.

It has everything too. You can play through just fine never doing any harvesting or crafting, or you run a different kind of game being a crafter. You can specialize your character so looking for a FotM build is pretty much pointless.

It's worth every penny fwiw.

I actually had the same inner debate of whether to get or not to get skyrim (and i haven't played other games either).

I did tried oblivion and got bored after 2 hours because my pc at that time wasnt as good as it is now, so there was quite a lot of crashes and low-res graphics.

blame away adams, and thank us laters :woot: it's an awesome game, my game of the year for 2011, although not by much over Gears 3 and RAGE :laugh:

it's a 300-hour game, money well spent i'd say, and the connection to the other Elders is story and geography-related only, not really a mechanical connection. no problem playing this as standalone as you don't need to really pay attention to the universe unless you want to get into it.

I've never played any of them either so you are not alone :D

I don't have any interest ni Skyrim though, the videos I've seen it looks so much like Fallout that I have flashbacks and I would miss the guns

You all will be completely lost! There are these quest that require you to have knowledge of what happened in the previous games. If you don't know, everyone in the Skryim world just starts to attack you. That isn't even the worst part. Just before getting to make your character, they quiz you about random things that were talked about by random NPC's in the previous games. To where, if you didn't pay attention to those conversations, and you get the answers wrong, it won't allow you to play the game. Bethesda is very strict about how you play this game, and they require you to know the lore behind it!

• Like 1

it is very much like a high fantasy version of the last two Fallout games, even more than Fallout 3 was a post apocalyptic version of Oblivion...they even have the slow mo kill shot. however, it's much better looking than Fallout Vegas, i find. and actually interesting to play and enjoy...

The thing with Skyrim is that it has an excellent first impression when you start playing that really draws you in. I remember investing considerable amount of hours to Morrowind and Oblivion before I felt really "into" the games.

It is definitely worthy checking out. To date I think it is the best adventure game out there. I would say it is more of an adventure game than an RPG. Although it has RPG character development characteristics, the heart of the game is the continuous adventuring you can embark on.

I could say lots of negatives about Skyrim. But after about 100+ hours, I have to say it is well worth the $60.

Na you'd be fine, Skyrim was the first Elder Scrolls game iv played, anything not explained I game will be in Books you find laying around.

So you'll be good.