Photo

EA's Track Record on Subscription Games ?

request help ea subscription history

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 16 December 2011 - 21:10

because im not to familiar with EA's track history on subscription games ( i just read seconds ago that Warhammer is EA )

what is their track history regarding MMO's, or subscription gaming in general ( have they been breached, or common missbills / double bills / ect / ect

reason im asking is because im deciding if it would be better to go pure Time Code to SWTOR, or just give EA my CC. Because of the whole XBL FIFA thing thats been going on, im leery on giving EA my #.

Time Codes or CC is no bother, i can get time codes from Amazon, or just flat out sub through EA/Bioware

#2 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 18 December 2011 - 16:30

There was only one major billing issue in my time with Warhammer Online. They "accidentally" billed people many people multiple times. In my case, it was a total of 14 times!

Evidence in my bank statement:
bank.jpg

They made up for it by refunding the money (obviously) and giving away in-game items and junk like that, but honestly, items don't exactly make me happy when $223.72 is billed to my account unexpectedly...

#3 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 18 December 2011 - 16:42

There was only one major billing issue in my time with Warhammer Online. They "accidentally" billed people many people multiple times. In my case, it was a total of 14 times!

Evidence in my bank statement:
bank.jpg

They made up for it by refunding the money (obviously) and giving away in-game items and junk like that, but honestly, items don't exactly make me happy when $223.72 is billed to my account unexpectedly...

..free virtual stuff doesn't make up for your headaches and your REAL time..

#4 OP Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 18 December 2011 - 18:08

i forgot about that happening to warhammer.
but true an issue like that can both be trivial or break some people

havent heard about anything major other then that though, ended up just doing the mo-mo sub.

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 December 2011 - 00:27

SWTOR is kinda make or break for EA. If they can't keep it going smoothly they're going to take a huge hit in public perception.

I'd be wary, but surprised if anything major happened.