The Most Expensive Web Ad Ever?

This must easily be the single most expensive ad ever, but it cost Google nothing.

It's on the most visited website on the internet.

Google has effectively broken the tradition of having a clean homepage, starting with the Chrome browser ads first.

This was one of the things that brought Google search on the internet map in the first place. As the likes of Yahoo, were littered with ads and stuff.

As we can see from the Chrome browser's success, these Google.com ads have been wildly successful. Chrome beat the long-standing Mozilla's second position.

post-345940-0-41611300-1324088355.png

I think Google has been doing stuff like this for a while. I think I remember a link for Chrome a while ago. They also use the space to direct traffic to their crisis response pages.

You know it doesn't actually come up in yellow.

It is not intrusive advertising, and it is advertising a Google product. No different to the Ads linking to Hotmail or MSN.com on the bing.com homepage.

Google advertising Google product on Google homepage, so what?

Is there anything wrong with Dell/HP/Canon/etc. advertising Dell/HP/Canon/etc. products on Dell/HP/Canon/etc. homepage?

luckily i have no ads on my screen. Maybe google.ca does not have this implemented yet.

Me too. I can't visit Google.com though. It always redirects me to Google.ca.

Bottom right it gives you the choice to switch to .com, and then it should continue to redirect there instead of .ca

The ad really isn't that bad at all to be honest, don't really notice it when searching quickly.

What? you serious? why?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/5815a

Google advertising Google product on Google homepage, so what?

Is there anything wrong with Dell/HP/Canon/etc. advertising Dell/HP/Canon/etc. products on Dell/HP/Canon/etc. homepage?

+1 I see no issue with google advertising their own product on their own home page.. Its like Bing showing MSN web portal on their Home page.

Showing Windows 7 ad on microsoft home page..

post-312866-0-06008100-1324320460_thumb.

I see Fan-boys trying to Troll and show their hatred toward Google....