Java! Uninstall It, Update it, or bend over and grab the ketchup!

Is it too much to ask the consumer to keep their computers updated to avoid getting viruses? That's the easiest question of all. YES. Warwagon knows...

if everyone kept their computers updated and virus-free .. i'd be out of a job.

I use Java 7, and if I'm using 6 on another machine, it updates when I do my weekly maintenance, if there is a new update I make a trip to my computers and update them ALL. Only one machine is running XP, that machine does NOT have Java on it. I use mine mainly for Minecraft.

Strange, I have installed JAVA on every machine I owned regardless of whether I needed it or not and have never been infected because of it.

same. never had a single issue on the many, many computers on which it's been installed

same. never had a single issue on the many, many computers on which it's been installed

Then you must be a good little boy and are keeping it updated.

I don't get it. What's ketchup?? Why do you have to bend over??

It means your computer is going to get raped up ass (think of it like a bar of soap in prison) and bleed the same color as ketchup.

• 4 months later...

No you dont. There are 1000s of alternative object orientated languages.

Based on this amazing outlook, I went into work today and demanded I don't use Java anymore because some guys on the internet hate it. Unfortunately, they weren't so keen on rewriting the millions of lines of code that have been written over the past few years. Now I don't have a job. :(

I have it installed but i disable the java applet on Firefox and plus i use a Mac and Apple make updating Java impossible to miss.

• 10 months later...

Apparently the newest version of Java Will now prompt a user before it runs ANY java applet. That being said, every average user I know would not think twice about clicking the run button.