• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Knive Party

Knive Party

To Death

• 5,341 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:48

cause for violence, aka me repeatedly punching him in face...

#17 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,409 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:03

I remember the day my 52" LCD was being delivered. It was supposed to be Amazons "white glove" delivery. As I watched from my window ONE guy was managing that truck so I quickly went out there to help him. I always wondered how he would have gotten that box to my front stairs by himself.

#18 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 31,380 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:09

I remember the day my 52" LCD was being delivered. It was supposed to be Amazons "white glove" delivery. As I watched from my window ONE guy was managing that truck so I quickly went out there to help him. I always wondered how he would have gotten that box to my front stairs by himself.

Good attitude to take as well! (Y)

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:12

Hope he gets sacked, what a d1ck - if I caught him doing that to any of my stuff, more so that he could see exactly what was in the box, I would have sorted it out there and then

#20 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,366 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:12

wow, that's crazy! Fedex is typically more gentle with stuff then UPS is here...

but when i order fagile stuff like that, i always call them to have them hold it at the office and i go pick it up

#21 c.grz

c.grz

Neowinian

• 1,235 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:17

This isn't an issue about the company he works for.. That guy would of done the same thing no matter what uniform he would of been wearing.

#22 OP FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

• 7,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:19

Good attitude to take as well! (Y)

Was going to say that, myself.

#23 Ficman

Ficman

49,000,004 n00b's served...

• 2,293 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:20

AWESOME service

#24 thejohnnyq

thejohnnyq

Neowinian

• 1,062 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:33

Love it when you get a delivery guy on tape doing something he should not be, I had a delivery guy drop kick a package with a hard drive in it marked Fragile, the video showed he kicked the box up to the stairs and then signed the form accepting the package. After we showed the video to the delivery company, they paid the insurance real quick, this was before YouTube and the internet.

#25 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,409 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:33

Sadly, this is not an isolated case for deliveries =(

I will never ship anything without insurance again!!

#26 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:38

Go, DHL Germany! :shifty:
Excellent delivery, taking superb care of the packages!

Glassed Silver:mac

#27 OP FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

• 7,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1qUd9na_PQ&feature=related

I will never ship anything without insurance again!!

I didn't see much issue in the second video. And the camera guy has also disabled
commenting and rating for this video, because he knew he was making an issue out of nothing.

#28 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,409 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 15:46

@FMH - well that depends on how you look at it. At the end of the video where you see the box if he wasnt home and it sat in the snow for a long period who knows what would have happened. I mean.. the guy said he was trained to put the box in the bushes? I def think the guy was out of line but he def still had a right to be angry.

#29 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,215 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 19:32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1qUd9na_PQ&feature=related

The guy with the camera is an idiot. Where the **** is the guy spose to put it. It's not melting, the electronics SHOULD be in a sealed package.

I just watched the other 2 videos. After watching the other ones a little frozen snow is the best thing in the world.

#30 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,512 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 14:24

It was the monitor toss seen 'round the world. FedEx has responded to a viral video that showed one of the company's drivers throwing a (now broken) computer monitor over a fence.

The statement reads: The situation has now been resolved to the customer's satisfaction, and we are handling the employee according to our disciplinary policies...While we continue to be surprised about the behavior shown, we know this is an aberration and is not reflective of the outstanding FedEx customer service that makes us proud around the world.

"I want you to know that I was upset, embarrassed, and very sorry for our customer’s poor experience," said Matthew Thornton, a FedEx senior vice president. "We have met with the customer face to face and they already have a replacement monitor at no cost to them. They have accepted our apology and say they are fully satisfied with what we've done in response to this unacceptable delivery."

The clip has racked up more than 2 million views. In the video's description, the poster writes, "The sad part is that I was home at the time with the front door wide open. All he would have had to do was ring the bell on the gate. Now I have to return my monitor since it is broken." The footage appears to come from a surveillance camera.

There is no word on what sort of disciplinary action will be taken against the employee. However, a spokeswoman for the company told the U.K.'s Daily Mail, this won't be his best day. :shifty:

source & video