LG G2x Wifi and Cellular Switching Problem

So I finally upgraded to a new LG G2x. I love it and it is super fast. It only has one issue, the wireless and cellular data connection gets confused pretty often and the cellular data highjacks the wireless network preference.

Situation: Sitting in my home after I get home from work, I turn on my wifi on my G2x. Sit back and enjoy the speed as I look over email and other stuff. Sit my phone down and pick it up 30 minutes later to look up some news (either in an app or the web browser) and the connection is slow. I look at the top and notice the wifi symbol PLUS the little 4G symbol. With it's little arrows blinking away, and my web page still trying to load (or doing so at 2G like speeds).

Possible Solutions:

There are many I have ran across. Most of them bogus.

1. Buy the GX2fix (or what not) on the Android store. One claims to be a DNS fix, the other a manually scripted set of things to turn of/on until the wireless and cellular connections have stopped fighting.

2. Taken from things found in step 1 suggestions; put the phone into Plane Mode, then back out of Plane mode. This works well, it just sucks to have to do every time the networks mess up. You could also try turning off wifi and turning wifi back on. This works some of the time.

3. Noticed on a T-Mobile thread to change the wireless advanced settings to "use static IP", and only setup the DNS options to point to OpenDNS.org servers. Leave the IP, gateway and mask blank. This actually did not work out to bad. I was able to stay on the wireless much longer, but still not perfect. Sometimes I still have to cycle the radios.

My current settings for best performance:

1. In the advanced settings for wireless, use static IP and put in the OpenDNS.org DNS IP leaving all other fields blank.

2. Also in the wireless advanced options, set WiFi-Settings>Advanced>Wi-Fi Sleep Settings: Never

These have made the connection more stable but I have recently also started disabling the "Wireless&Network Settings>Mobile network settings>Data Enabled" option.

This has been the only mostly fail-safe way of getting my wireless connection to be solid so the cellular connection does not take over and stall the phone.

So, I thought I'd share my knowledge with others that have this phone and consolidate some of the many threads out there. This has something to do with DNS not functioning as expected in the OS. I'm not sure if it is LG's build, or something T-Mobile screwed up, but I sure hope it gets fixed soon. The phone is amazing so I will live for now with disabling the cellular data when at on a wireless network longer then 30 minutes.

IF you have a solution to this issue, please follow up to this post!

- Good on ya!