Should I Wait for the SIII?

63 members have voted

1. 1. The Galaxy SIII or the Nexus?

• Galaxy SIII
    • Nexus

I would take the GSIII for sure. Then I would root + flash it with custom rom when available.

I played around with the Galaxy Nexus at work, and I was disapointed with the lag, but very impressed with the camera shuttle speed ...

My SGS2 doesn't lag at all with CM9 , wich runs Android 4.0.3. It's ultra smooth compared to the nexus, and it's an alpha build.

Perhaps we need to update the nexus to 4.0.3 to fix the slow ui ... Well it's not that slow, it's just not as snappy as my SGS2

Whoa is that confirmed? Very similar specs to the Nexus... besides the RAM and camera

The majority of the rumours suggest a quad core 2GHz processor, which is more likely IMO as the other two galaxy s phones have been powerhouses at the time of release. Sgs3 has to continue that trend...a 1.8GHz dual core isn't going to have the wow factor.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the GN GSM version is stuck at 16GB I won't bother with it. The least they could have done is include a MicroSD slot. More than likely my next phone will be SGSIII, but I will wait until CM9 comes out for it because I don't want touchwiz.

Go for the Galaxy Nexus. Where the S3 will release, it will get outdated and without updates faster than the Galaxy Nexus. Plus the dev. support on the Nexus phones are much better than a consumer device like the S3

The Galaxy Nexus is a consumer device as well though. In fact there are apparently two versions of it floating around. You got the Google supported model, that is (as you'd expect) supported directly by Google and a second model that is support by your carrier. I'm guessing if you buy directly from Google (if you still can? I have no idea) or simply from a reseller that sells unlocked phones outright you'll get the Google supported model but if you get it with a plan, then chances are you'll get the carrier supported model and be at the mercy of your carrier for updates. Naturally the Nexus phones do have fantastic dev support for custom ROMs and the like but so do the Samsung phones.

To the OP, just go with the phone that grabs you the most. I'm in a similar position as my current contract ends mid year and I'm tossing up either hoping the S3 is out in time or going for the Galaxy Nexus (or even just the S2) although, now starting to ponder getting a Nokia Lumia 800 :p too many nice phones to choose from :laugh:

The majority of the rumours suggest a quad core 2GHz processor, which is more likely IMO as the other two galaxy s phones have been powerhouses at the time of release. Sgs3 has to continue that trend...a 1.8GHz dual core isn't going to have the wow factor.

No I think the rumor was a new 2GHz dual core. The rumored quad core phones are all around 1.4-1.5ghz right now.

Nexus because a phone that has already been released and is on the market > a phone that currently does not exist yet.

I'd prefer Galaxy Nexus Prime. I think it is the best choice as of now. Even if SIII has quad core, it still isnt gonna bother your for next 3-6 months or so because not much apps will require a quad core.

Go for Nexus Prime... !