Windows Phone 7: Another holiday season lost

Nokia still has Symbian for it's low end phones, it's not a pure single OS strategy at all, not at this point.

Meego was doing nothing but costing NOkia big chunks of money to develop and support and has the N9 sold? Not really.

Nokia still has Symbian for it's low end phones, it's not a pure single OS strategy at all, not at this point.

Meego was doing nothing but costing NOkia big chunks of money to develop and support and has the N9 sold? Not really.

I read that Nokia was going WP only in the US i.e. ditching their feature phones in an entire market. And the N9 got awesome reviews and would have sold a lot better if it hadn't got loads of bad PR.

I read that Nokia was going WP only in the US i.e. ditching their feature phones in an entire market. And the N9 got awesome reviews and would have sold a lot better if it hadn't got loads of bad PR.

If they only want to sell higher end smartphones in the US then that's basically where the market itself is going so it's the better move for now compared to other markets which still buy up loads of feature phones.

As for the N9, sure it got good reviews, lots of products tend to, lots of Windows Phones do as well. But ya, doesn't really help, people aren't going to dish up so much for a higher end phone like the N9, it's pricy and no US carrier, or even many EU carriers, seem to want to stock it anyways.

No cell retailers here actually have it from what I've seen, though I can find the older N8 with Symbian on it, but ya, no thanks.

But we all know that Android Tablets are not selling in large volumes like the iPad.

I think tablets like the Novo 7 Paladin are going to change that. I can get one from ebay.co.uk for ?80 plus free shipping. It has a capacitive screen, 1ghz MIPS processor, 512 MB ram, 444ghz gpu, and Android 4.0 out of the box. It even comes with the gameloft spider man game. Take a look at one of the reviews on youtube. This thing is amazing for the price.

I think sub 100 ?/$ android 4.0 (ICS) tablets are going to blow the iPad away. I'd love to see Microsoft and Windows 8 try and compete against that lol.

I think tablets like the Novo 7 Paladin are going to change that. I can get one from ebay.co.uk for ?80 plus free shipping. It has a capacitive screen, 1ghz MIPS processor, 512 MB ram, 444ghz gpu, and Android 4.0 out of the box. It even comes with the gameloft spider man game. Take a look at one of the reviews on youtube. This thing is amazing for the price.

I think sub 100 ?/$ android 4.0 (ICS) tablets are going to blow the iPad away. I'd love to see Microsoft and Windows 8 try and compete against that lol.

Not interested right now. I have a Motorola Xoom. Besides, as of now, I only will stick with one of the three big Android manufacturers (Samsung, HTC or Motorola). These companies to a certain degree have proven themselves in one form or another.

If Nokia made Meego/Android phones, it might survive. At the current rate, once Microsoft stops proping up Nokia with cash, it'll go bankrupt. A single OS strategy was a monumentous mistake for Nokia.

That has yet to be determined. It's a bit premature to say that now but lets wait and see the first quarter numbers of 2012 before we can pass judgement on their business stragety.