Tablet time!

So I'm finally going to be buying one so the Budget is ?150 I've had a look at so many but after seeing what screen type they have and the odd bad review makes it hard to choose.

I want it to have a capacitive touch screen and it will need (micro)SD slots.

what I'll be doing with it.

video/youtube

comics/ebooks

images and such

if tablets have them too live wallpapers

bedside clock/radio (so just need a good earphone jack so i can plug a couple good speakers in)

computer remote for foobar and MPC-HC so it'll need Wi-Fi

and i know most of these tasks will need apps so full access to the market place

So is there anything out there that fits the bill or is there something coming soon that i should wait for?

Thanks and this will be my last topic on low price tablets cause i feel I've made too many.

My opinion. Don't!

I would wait until you can get a proper top of the range Android tablet, in the end if you get something crappy you're only going to regret paying for it. Its a cliche, but its true, you do get what you pay for, a lot of time when something costs more its usually for a reason. for a Android tablet I wouldn't look beyond Samsung or Asus.

If you are unwilling to wait until you can afford a high end tablet then an Andypad is a decent choice for a budget tablet. I own one and I use it for what you described above. It also has Marketplace access :)

http://www.andypad.co.uk

The "Pro" has a Capacitive screen, the regular only has a resistive screen.

Pro - ?179

Regular - ?129

I have a Hannspree Hannspad and love it for all the uses you have described. It has mini USB, micro SD and mini HDMI. It has tegra 2 so handles games really well. The stock rom is a little limiting so I have installed a custom rom called hannstitan and this thing now rocks. Can get them for about ?180. Another reccomendation would be a Galaxy Tab but may be a bit above youre budget.

Its not an official google device so only has the cutdown Arnova app library.

Not strictly true, you can download the ArcTools from Appslib and then easily install the Google market and apps.

I have the Archos 101 http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ARCHOS-101-INTERNET-TABLET it's not to bad and does all I want it to do albeit a little slower than the Transformer I previously had and took back as I really couldn't justify the extra cost for what is a glorified browsing machine for me. It would do everything you say you require, I even have mine streaming my movie content from my NAS on my home network via ES File Explorer and Moboplayer.

Main issue with it is that it is stuck on 2.3 and will not be getting a Honeycomb or ICS upgrade.

I played with the galaxy tabs both the 10 and the 7in. I found I enjoyed the 7in better for holding but i do like the 10in for day to day laying on the couch stuff. so I wait for a few more months and see what will happy . for now I am fine with my rooted NC.

Ive seen the hanspree as mentioned and looked at them and they do seem pretty decent. The Toshiba AT100 had halved im price and the father in law got the Archos 101 g9 but essentially i waited and bought the samsung galaxy 10.1 the speaker and screen quality is better than i expected, paeticularly the speaker volume

Really love it, the wife sleeps on the floor now.

Look for HTC Flyer, if at all it is available now! ;)

It has got everything you are looking for.....and its prices are falling like anything.....may be you can get some last minute deals!

And it has got very very good reviews wherever it has been reviewed.....the only thing against it (if you think so) is a slightly low HD resolution as compared to other tablets....but still it sports a resolution of 1024x600 which is awesome in its own way - and more so because it's a 7 incher and not a 10 incher!!

http://www.theverge....tc-flyer-199-UK

I have a Hannspree Hannspad and love it for all the uses you have described. It has mini USB, micro SD and mini HDMI. It has tegra 2 so handles games really well. The stock rom is a little limiting so I have installed a custom rom called hannstitan and this thing now rocks. Can get them for about ?180. Another reccomendation would be a Galaxy Tab but may be a bit above youre budget.

I too have a Hannspad, fantastic for the price IMO.

Look for HTC Flyer, if at all it is available now! ;)

It has got everything you are looking for.....and its prices are falling like anything.....may be you can get some last minute deals!

And it has got very very good reviews wherever it has been reviewed.....the only thing against it (if you think so) is a slightly low HD resolution as compared to other tablets....but still it sports a resolution of 1024x600 which is awesome in its own way - and more so because it's a 7 incher and not a 10 incher!!

http://www.theverge....tc-flyer-199-UK

Yea, ive a htc sensation phone and this is like a seven inch version of it! Pretty slick device and yes the prices are falling on tem too. Still over the budget slightly though i think but worth it. I think its a case that you get what you pay for with tablets