Frys.com now offering the Nokia Lumia 800 unlocked in USA

frys.jpg?9d7bd4

More as a sign of the penetration of the handset and its mindshare than a suggestion that US readers rush out and buy it, it is rather interesting that the Nokia Lumia 800 has now shown up at Frys.com for sale for the low, low price of only $799.99.

The phone is of course available for a lot cheaper elsewhere, such Amazon, where it is only $528.95 but it is rather more interesting to see the handset pop up in a circular which will likely reach millions of users who have heard little to nothing of the handset.

http://wmpoweruser.com/frys-com-now-offering-the-nokia-lumia-800-unlocked-in-usa/

it's a good phone, but it hasn't dawned on me smartphones are that expensive now...i've been using the same LG for two years...$800 is crazy money for a device like that heh heh, you could get a very nice notebook for that much cash.

it's a good phone, but it hasn't dawned on me smartphones are that expensive now...i've been using the same LG for two years...$800 is crazy money for a device like that heh heh, you could get a very nice notebook for that much cash.

This has been true for a long time. This is why carriers love to obscure prices with contracts.

That's why it's so much in the US, it's imported and the Euro is still stronger than the dollar, plus shipping costs and whatever middleman frys is using to get them because I doubt it's from Nokia directly.

For example, I can pick up the Lumia 800 from vodafone (no contract) for ?540 right now. That's with our insane VAT included btw.

Hello,

I went by closest Fry's Electronics to see if I could try it. They had one unit in a sealed box in an antitheft container. Not really accessible. Perhaps there will be more information about availability at CES2012 for Nokia's phones in the US.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky