Question

I made a new design for our website 'Synthd' which is now called 'WebOutfit'.

I would like to hear your thoughts about it :D

Also don't forget to try to login/register ;)

Some info:

-HTML5

-Pure CSS (except the logo and help icon)

-jQuery animations

-Works too in IE7/8

-Has no footer yet simply since I was too lazy to start working on it...

Link: http://dl.dropbox.co...tfit/index.html

P.S.

Happy New Year!

24 answers to this question

So far It looks actually rather nice. The bubbly bit looks a bit outdated but the navigation bar (very apple centric) looks rather nice.

So far It looks actually rather nice. The bubbly bit looks a bit outdated but the navigation bar (very apple centric) looks rather nice.

I'm never that good in containers :/, what do you suggest then? making it without shadow looking like it's inset?

smaller radius on the roundings, looks ugly now

You think that would look better?,

Edit: I changed them, looks better now?

yes, similar to what Ignuition said,

I don't have my web-browser filling the entire screen on my mac so i have to side scroll to get the the login/register button

the min resolution I made it for was 1280px, what is the resolution of you guys?, I will try to add media queries ^^

I can't believe what I am seeing OP. I met you on MyBB (unless you aren't Jason L) and I've been a member here for a while, I view a random thread and it's you! Wow!

Nice design btw, I remember seeing it before you released it to anyone else. You haven't disappointed.

are you using XHTML1 transitional doctype intentionally?

I'm using html5 doctype ^^ and also added backward compatibility for IE ;)

I can't believe what I am seeing OP. I met you on MyBB (unless you aren't Jason L) and I've been a member here for a while, I view a random thread and it's you! Wow!

Nice design btw, I remember seeing it before you released it to anyone else. You haven't disappointed.

Hehe, I'm a friend of Jason ^^

And yes I've been on MyBB too but not that much lately, more active on neowin and deviantart last few weeks.

And don't worry when this site is done we will release a bunch of MyBB themes o it :D

980px is generally what I use for designs. Seems to work for most screen resolutions. Not everyone has a wide screen or high resolution display.

This might be a good reference. :)

Get past those old static width rules, I just haven't added media queries yet which resizes the webpage based on the resolution ;)

Hit me up with a PM with your MyBB username. ^^

It's just 'seahorsepip' like all my other accounts ^^

I'll take a look. Weird how this happened.

Simply because my MyBB account is just a leecher account, never really posted anything xD

the min resolution I made it for was 1280px, what is the resolution of you guys?

my resolution is 1440x900 but like i said, i don't have my browser full screened on my mac

my resolution is 1440x900 but like i said, i don't have my browser full screened on my mac

Will update link in a few min, now it would look fine on browser windows of 1024px or larger.

You think that would look better?,

Edit: I changed them, looks better now?

still a bit bulky to me but that is subjective. Also you might try a bit more contrast, looks faded curently

looks bad in IE8

It should work in IE8 but it will have limited eye candy since IE8 doesn't support border-radius, box-shadow, text-shadow and a another load of things...

I could ofcourse make images for every button but that would mean millions of images just to support a bit of eyecandy on a old webbrowsers :/

P.S.

Could you give a screenshot so I can see if it's atleast bug free? (haven't been able to test it yet on IE8 only tested it with IE10 and dev tools)

If I recall correctly, browsers automatically zoom out a bit if it knows that the page is built for a much larger resolution. This may not apply to all browsers, but it may.

This is actually a very nice design. The text is so light that it becomes hard to read, but that is the only big change I would recommend. Also, as said before, the navigation bar is overpowering, but is almost just fits the page. Nicely done.

If I recall correctly, browsers automatically zoom out a bit if it knows that the page is built for a much larger resolution. This may not apply to all browsers, but it may.

There are meta tags for that ;)