Photo

Definitive Best *Paid* Antivirus 2012

antivirus poll antivirus paid poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Paid AV 2012 (506 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Choice? (also see Continued, below)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Your Choice? [Continued]

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 macstorm

macstorm

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:17

Avira AntiVir Premium and G Data Antivirus (Y)

#92 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 14 October 2012 - 20:00

After using ESET NOD32 for over four years, I finally found another product that I like a bit more. Avira Antivirus Premium 2013. In the past three or four days during my spare time, I have tested the newest versions of the most popular antivirus products including NOD32, Kaspersky, BitDefender, Avast!, AVG, Comodo, Avira, MSE, Norton, Avira, and Webroot SecureAnywhere. I did not plan on posting very specific test results, but I can probably separate them into a few categories for you. Among the worst are AVG, MSE, and Webroot. They had a combination of false positives and missed some hardcore malware. Honorable products include NOD32, Norton (holy hell, never thought I would say that...but they have improved dramatically), and BitDefender. The best results were from Avira, Kaspersky, and Comodo.

Funny, Avira doesn't mention that it has zero-day prevention, yet it blocked more than any other product. That is what impressed me the most. Comodo and Kaspersky were very close in quality to Avira, but I could not get over the ugly interface of both. Also, they included many features that I just will not use, so that is more RAM usage for no reason. Avira idles around 45-50 MB which is not the best, but I figured all around it was the most solid product and best fit for me. People will disagree with me, I'm sure. I recommend anyone in the market to renew their antivirus or perhaps get a new one should do the product testing themselves. It is kind of fun, not sure why! My girlfriend wondered how I could spend so much time doing something so "boring".

#93 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 October 2012 - 23:19

So between KAV Internet Security and Norton Internet Security, which is better? Norton has come a long way, and I kind of want to try it. I will be buying whichever one I want after the trial.

Norton haters, step aside. It's got some good reviews.

#94 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 17 October 2012 - 23:24

So between KAV Internet Security and Norton Internet Security, which is better? Norton has come a long way, and I kind of want to try it. I will be buying whichever one I want after the trial.

Norton haters, step aside. It's got some good reviews.

From my tests, Kaspersky was a bit better than Norton. In part because Kaspersky detection was near perfect. Norton is surely not a slouch though by any means. It did a very good job as well.

#95 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 October 2012 - 23:24

• NOD32
  • F-Secure
  • Kaspersky
Why? Because those three are the most secure of all of them and have very little performance impact. I use all three of them. I trialhop. One month of NOD32, one month of F-Secure and one month of Kaspersky. Then I format my PC, re-install Windows and do the same again :p

I don't really have experience with how well they work since I just don't download things with viruses. Common sense still beats any antivirus in detection rate.

#96 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 October 2012 - 23:30

From my tests, Kaspersky was a bit better than Norton. In part because Kaspersky detection was near perfect. Norton is surely not a slouch though by any means. It did a very good job as well.

Thanks!!

Norton isn't too far behind KAV if I remember correctly, right? I would go to KAV but $69 kind of puts me off. I mostly only go to trusted, normal sites and want some added protection. NIS is $33 on amazon compared to KAV's $69

#97 Nerd Rage

Nerd Rage

RAGE!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 23:42

Thanks!!

Norton isn't too far behind KAV if I remember correctly, right? I would go to KAV but $69 kind of puts me off. I mostly only go to trusted, normal sites and want some added protection. NIS is $33 on amazon compared to KAV's $69

I've been using Norton 360 for the last 2 years. Norton has made their product very good, much better than the slow bloatware days of old.

#98 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:05

I've been using Norton 360 for the last 2 years. Norton has made their product very good, much better than the slow bloatware days of old.

Good to know. I have the trial going right now for NIS. Not too bad!

#99 salim8

salim8

Neowinian

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:32

Really In fact I never see Antivirus similar to ESET NOD32 I got it from friend and was really superior
fast response kill virus in fly

Heuristics Technology really works not like other software use it like fake thing

specially I have experience with unkown virus (not destruction virus) download it accidentally fake software increas internet speed . NOD32 detect it immediatly Heuristics Technology and told me thier is high potential the file are new virus . but I ignore that message specially after scan it from all antivirus on Virus Total report me the file are clean
The surprise is the file was really virus and they explorer it after few months later !

this teach me lessons 1st not run files from unkown sources 2d trust on everything my AV told me Specially NOD32.

#100 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:57

Thread Closed

Please see Definitive Best *Paid* Antivirus 2013 Thread

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!