Show us your Workstations! - 2012 Edition

Welcome to the workstation photos thread. In this thread you may post pics of your workstation area.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

The usual forum rules also apply.

The last thread can be found here.

Here's mine nothin fancy, I have a24" asus monitor i used to use but my wife's tv has been sitting around collecting dust so i've convinced her to let me use it for my swtor, and bf3, something to let 580 have fun with, Quick question... just noticed my idle tempt is 28c that ok for an I7? its a new mobo and I'm still getting used to it

6633659831_b318697723.jpg6633731441_45368ecc2f.jpg

Desktop by exittium, on Flickr

IMAG0118-1 by exittium, on Flickr

After a really long time doing nothing to my PC, I've upgraded to a 24" LED Display and got an new CPU cooler, next thing to upgrade is my Graphics Card :)

dsc00931ju.th.jpg

dsc00941ca.th.jpg

img0211bq.th.jpg

After a really long time doing nothing to my PC, I've upgraded to a 24" LED Display and got an new CPU cooler, next thing to upgrade is my Graphics Card :)

I've just got almost the same monitor expect mine is the 23.6" ver..... :D

I've just got almost the same monitor expect mine is the 23.6" ver..... :D

I think mine is the 23,6" version as well :) but i really like it. I used to have 2 x 22" Displays, but one seems enough.

Can anyone in the UK tell me a good place to get movie posters from for my new office? Thanks

Amazon have a great selection :)

Wish I had enough effort to cable tidy and organise like that! Luckily with my desk cables can tuck behind it without being seen. Cool workstation though!

Indeed. It's like 400 zip ties altogether. =) But with open glass desks like this it's a must.

Hi, I just finished my new computer desk and thought you might be interested. I have been lurking on the boards for a while but decided to register to show off my new toy.

4Gvxv.jpg

There are a few more pics of it here http://imgur.com/a/dMwCO

Cheers.

Sir Stephen hawkeys new chair?

• Like 1

wow you designed that?

how much did it cost in total? if you built that yourself you could probably become a very wealthy man by making and selling them.

It is hard to say what it cost me, I got the steel for free and the chair for free from work as they were throwing them out but I had to buy a lot of tools to finish the job and paint, consumables etc so I would estimate about $1500 but almost none of it is on the actual desk.

I really don't think there would be a market for something like this, it was just something to make while I taught myself to weld (I work in IT). The chair is very heavy and although I have a design in my head for a more refined version that is also made of wood, I won't have the time to make it for a while as I have other projects that need tending to.

I have a playlist of videos I made during the build, you can see how it started out as a really terrible idea and evolved to something better.

Cheers.

Sorry for not providing the full workstation, but I am organizing it after building my beast.

My beast is finally built and tweaked the way I like it.

Specs:

- Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz (Automatic Overclocked to 4.5GHz)

- 8GB Patriot Sector 5 1600MHz RAM

- MSI ATI Radeon HD6950 2GB DDR5 Twin Frozr III

- ASUS P8P67 LE Rev 3.0

- Corsair TX 650W Gold Power Rating

- CoolerMaster HAF+

The build gives an awesome experience;

- Starcraft 2 - 120FPS

- Battlefield 3 - 68FPS

- Star Wars: The Old Republic - 98FPS

- Diablo 3: IS GOING TO BE AWESOMEE!!!!!!

For those interested in building this, these are all TigerDirect.ca components at $960 + tax.

post-183823-0-40475800-1326161683_thumb.

This stock cooler is very impressive actually. It doesn't make noise. System is very quiet and the only noise is the 200mm fan at the top. This cooler was able to run Battlefield 3 at 4.3Ghz at 41C degrees. My buddy has the same i5 2500k with liquid cooling and he is getting about 40C on his for BF3 at 4.3Ghz.