Show us your Workstations! - 2012 Edition

^ What OS is the IBM laptop running, also, can you upload the wallpaper from it? :p

My Guess is Windows lol. That looks like the Finger Print Recognition Software Logon Screen....For Windows :-p

My Guess is Windows lol. That looks like the Finger Print Recognition Software Logon Screen....For Windows :-p

+1 - deffo the finger print scanner lock screen.

^ What OS is the IBM laptop running, also, can you upload the wallpaper from it? :p

The old IBM wallpaper, and XP, because we still use the old Hyperion 8.3.2

BlueBack.jpg

Just started to set up at my new apartment and playing around with a few options

<snipped>

Get a stand. It will really make a major difference in your setup.

Might be getting a new desk cause it is a bit cramped.

Yeah, you need a new desk. You have 3 gigantic monitors and the speakers look like they're in front of the monitor. Plus, that desk has no depth, how do you sit so close to your freaking monitors? That's terrible for your eyes.

Why do people always put their computer desks up against walls?

The honest truth is we're rage'ers and its not so much the desk up against the wall, but the monitors. See, when we rage quit from games.. sometimes we tend to do things such as the deskflip, the monitor felcon punch, the simple desk 'nudge' or keyboard/mouse smack down move. What ever action is chosen at the time, it often results in the monitor falling off the back of the desk onto the floor and smashing. So we push our desks against the wall so the monitor simply wobbles and maybe if we're unlucky will topple over. This saves us actually crying over a broken monitor.

Don't believe me? Throw your monitor on the floor and when it's broken check if your eyes are leaking. :)

• Like 2

The honest truth is we're rage'ers and its not so much the desk up against the wall, but the monitors. See, when we rage quit from games.. sometimes we tend to do things such as the deskflip, the monitor felcon punch, the simple desk 'nudge' or keyboard/mouse smack down move. What ever action is chosen at the time, it often results in the monitor falling off the back of the desk onto the floor and smashing. So we push our desks against the wall so the monitor simply wobbles and maybe if we're unlucky will topple over. This saves us actually crying over a broken monitor.

Don't believe me? Throw your monitor on the floor and when it's broken check if your eyes are leaking. :)

of course, sometimes putting your desk up against the wall just never helps...

SyNTm.png

• Like 1

For me it's becuase I'm clumsy and I also don't have a house layout for it.

Is that Vista? :/

Server 2008 I'm on 7 now. I just stuck with it for hyper-v, and a few other actual server things but I'm just gonna have a dedicated box for it. So I'm back to just using a simple consumer OS for now without all the headaches of workstation conversion after every format. That install was old anyways and my drive was going bad. Got a new HDD and I'm keeping this 7 install clean.