Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve B.

Show us your Workstations! - 2012 Edition

554 posts in this topic

Here my latest. . .subject to change at any time.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=303845

You stole this workstation idea from me... How do you have access to my dreams and fantasies?

that's a huge screen! much bigger than mines :laugh:

I'm an HTPC, and I'm running Windows 8!

Do you run Windows Media Center on Win 8? If so, how's your experience with that vs. WMC on Windows 7?

Here is my home office at the moment, nice and simple:

Untitled-1.png

2 people like this

Do you run Windows Media Center on Win 8? If so, how's your experience with that vs. WMC on Windows 7?

Honestly, WMC is unchanged from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The only thing that's better is I have the Metro UI to work with my remote now rather than the old desktop.

Honestly, WMC is unchanged from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The only thing that's better is I have the Metro UI to work with my remote now rather than the old desktop.

Thanks. Had heard the WMC hadn't changed much, if any. Hadn't heard the remote works with the Modern/Metro UI.

Thanks. Had heard the WMC hadn't changed much, if any. Hadn't heard the remote works with the Modern/Metro UI.

They should if the HTPC has an IR port. Otherwise, a keyboard works perfectly too.

post-159052-0-53463600-1346528783.jpg

My current room desktop is filthy as, needs a clean up for sure

nhxDV.jpg

My current workspace is a WIP with a new gaming build so that area is soon to be updated

JrhFU.jpg

7u5x2.jpg

GHETTO BLASTER STEREO!!!!!

1 person likes this

People still use dial up?

I didn't even knew dial up still existed.

GHETTO BLASTER STEREO!!!!!

I'll show you mine :D

dsc04459ph.jpg

2 people like this

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Mabye it's also a good idea you got the plastic tape on the monitor so the bottom don't get scratched and banged up from all that... LOL

Mabye it's also a good idea you got the plastic tape on the monitor so the bottom don't get scratched and banged up from all that... LOL

Nah... those are the original bezel protectors, there is a lot of dust around this place so I just prefer to leave them... behind that screen is also my ps3, wii and a PSU of 450 watts which is in charge of anything that requires energy chargers and the car stereo, plenty enough power with it. Also.. all of the cables also lay behind the screen.

Disclaimer: My desk is actually more cleaner...

Nah... those are the original bezel protectors, there is a lot of dust around this place so I just prefer to leave them... behind that screen is also my ps3, wii and a PSU of 450 watts which is in charge of anything that requires energy chargers and the car stereo, plenty enough power with it. Also.. all of the cables also lay behind the screen.

Disclaimer: My desk is actually more cleaner...

do you live on a dirt road?

do you live on a dirt road?

Close enough, plus a lot of wind. I have to disassemble my laptop every two months to remove all the accumulated dust... indeed not good.

Close enough, plus a lot of wind. I have to disassemble my laptop every two months to remove all the accumulated dust... indeed not good.

That sucks... my parents live on a dirt road and yeah thier house is dusty too... I had to dope up a lot staying there.... baaaad allergies.

That sucks... my parents live on a dirt road and yeah thier house is dusty too... I had to dope up a lot staying there.... baaaad allergies.

I will have to go full mobile in a few days, so at least I will be able to carry the stereo with me, I really don't like any kind of laptop speaker sound. Talk about a few advantages :D

Creative use of your In-Dash stereo! (Pun Intentended). :)

1 person likes this

I will have to go full mobile in a few days, so at least I will be able to carry the stereo with me, I really don't like any kind of laptop speaker sound. Talk about a few advantages :D

laptop speakers are torture to the ears.

1 person likes this

Creative use of your In-Dash stereo! (Pun Intentended). :)

Pun has been received and understood, LOL.

how can laptop speakers be torture to our ears? @_@

They sound horrendous

1 person likes this

laptop speakers are torture to the ears.

I have a macbook pro 17 from 2007, that thing has amazing sound for a laptop, only problem is it wont turn on haha.
1 person likes this