Gmail Notifier Plus 3.0

app

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 16 April 2012 - 15:05

I'm going to release a minor update this week Wednesday (Eastern Time) afternoon. Nothing major, some new language support that users have contributed and a few minor fixes for edge case issues I've been seeing on my machine. I may or may not put together an installer for this, installers tend to be a pain in the ass.

Cheers

#32 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:49

Well that didn't happen. I've been pretty sick. Another user has contacted me with an installer, so I'll bundle that as soon as I can get healthy.

#33 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware)

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:57

Well that didn't happen. I've been pretty sick. Another user has contacted me with an installer, so I'll bundle that as soon as I can get healthy.

Get Well soon...
Installer will be good addition...

#34 aznkid25

aznkid25

Neowinian

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:21

Hope you get well soon. No rush on the update needed. It's working great as is now.

#35 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:23

Like a walker in the zombie apocalypse that just won't die, I've been poking at GNP again. I've been making some updates to the code, and you can follow the progress here https://github.com/s...commits/master/ (as you can see, did quite a bit today)

I also updated http://shellscape.org/ to prominently feature GNP.

I still want to get a good update checking type thing integrated before I release. Unless you're checking back here frequently (and with the hiatus lately, that's probably not the case) or following me on twitter (@shellscape) you're not going to know theres a new update unless the app tells you. The code's been there for a while, but disabled and incomplete.

#36 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 06 June 2012 - 19:00

Well, I have good news today. I've finished the seamless background auto-update feature and the remaining bugs are resolved. I'm gonna run this build for a day or so to make sure nothing crazy happens and then I'll package a release. Here's a few shots of what's new:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:23

Good News!!!
^Any more stuff to translate in new version..

#38 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:24

Yes, if you look at the urdu file on github, you'll see a few lines that I couldn't translate using Google. Thanks for asking!

#39 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:56

Here is updated translation dropbox link: http://db.tt/7MIexnDR

#40 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:59

Running for a few days with zero errors. So we're good to go. I have one sticky problem with the new installer for 3.5 (the new version) to solve with regard to setting the program shortcut in the start menu. WiX is a bitch to work with. Once I get that figured out, we're good for a release. Thanks to everyone for your patience over the last few months in waiting for your fixes to arrive in a build.

#41 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:40

Just added 30 new languages. Managed to leverage Bing's translate service (as Google's is now pay-for) to write a small app to translate the XML for me. Mind you, it's probably not 100% correct, but will probably be enough for users that don't read English well.

#42 Monter Depart

Monter Depart

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 12 June 2012 - 13:15

hi Andrew,

i have used this nice app from the first versions. but now i have problems: i installed windows 8 release preview and now preferences can't open so i can't create an account.

i found a way i can check my mail by using an old version 2.1.2 cause it used a different way of showing preferences window. but for some reason it captures focus every time it checks mail, so current program becomes inactive and it's not convenient (like i can't continue to scroll by mouse wheel until i press somwhere in the window to make program active again).

it will be great if you could make the newest version to run on windows 8.

#43 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 12 June 2012 - 13:20

As the very first post on this topic says, I don't triage support issues on neowin. Please use github issues for support.

#44 ShEsHy

ShEsHy

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 13 June 2012 - 00:56

Registered to say thank you and keep up the good (and extremely beneficial) work.

#45 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2012 - 13:09

Much appreciated Sheshy.