3DS demos.. where are they?

So I got a 3DS for Christmas - absolutely love it. Unfortunately for the moment I only have Super Mario 3D Land and Legend of Zelda. Planning to purchase a few more games eventually but this is it for now.

So where are the demos? I don't see a single demo on the eShop - just overpriced Gameboy ports.

Did you really expect things to come out of japan without any delay? That often doesn't happen.

Also, all but one of the GameBoy VC games are under $5. I wouldn't really say that's "overpriced".

i read that the eShop demos were to be released late last month in the US, but apparently that didnt happen!

unless you have nostalgia for a particular game, most of the eShop stuff isnt worth it.

Looks like atleast one demo will finally be coming out of japan soon. Unfortunately though, it's of the least recommended 3ds game of the year, Resident Evil Revelations.

"A RE: Revelations demo for NA and Europe is coming. In the case of NA, we're awaiting our date confirmation and code approval from NOA (we have a tentative from them, but I'll have to keep you in suspense). When we have something more concrete to share, you won't be able to miss it on the Capcom-Unity blog." - Capcom's Christian Svennson

I can't wait to get my hands on that demo...or any downloadable 3DS demo in general! Thanks to Linky for the heads up.

Link

http://www.gonintend...story&id=169533

Unfortunately for the moment I only have Super Mario 3D Land and Legend of Zelda.

Yikes, those are two of the best titles on the system atm.

Unfortunately though, it's of the least recommended 3ds game of the year, Resident Evil Revelations.

Least recommended? From what I'm aware of, it's one of the more highly anticipated titles waiting to come out this year, not least because it's meant to be the best looking game on the system :p

Nothing against Super Mario 3D Land or Zelda: TOOT - they're great games. But how else am I supposed to find new games to purchase?

I'm curious as to if you were a gamer before the era of online conectivity. Cause if you were you could just think back to those days(when demos weren't available much, if at all) to remember how you found new games to buy.

edit:

Least recommended? From what I'm aware of, it's one of the more highly anticipated titles waiting to come out this year, not least because it's meant to be the best looking game on the system :p

I say least recommended cause of its jacked up price. If capcom's greedy price succeeds it'll likely have the effect of raising game prices systemwide as publishers will see they can get away with doing so without a real reason.

To be honest, for a Gameboy game I wouldn't pay more than $0.99. I can buy complete modern games on the App Store for $0.99 or $1.99. $5 is overpriced.

What type of games on the App Store? Full blown games that are not short or small puzzle games like Fruit Ninja that you play for a short time.

I'm curious as to if you were a gamer before the era of online conectivity. Cause if you were you could just think back to those days(when demos weren't available much, if at all) to remember how you found new games to buy.

edit:

I say least recommended cause of its jacked up price. If capcom's greedy price succeeds it'll likely have the effect of raising game prices systemwide as publishers will see they can get away with doing so without a real reason.

oh I remember the old days in teh 90's with game shareware disks... magazines would send them out, shareware companies would sell demo disks....

oh I remember the old days in teh 90's with game shareware disks... magazines would send them out, shareware companies would sell demo disks....

A couple magazine did that, yes. But even still, many disc-based console games still didn't have demos. And aside from the handful of ds demos on nintendo channel(for mostly crappy games), cartridge based systems pretty much didn't have demos at all.

A couple magazine did that, yes. But even still, many disc-based console games still didn't have demos. And aside from the handful of ds demos on nintendo channel(for mostly crappy games), cartridge based systems pretty much didn't have demos at all.

cartridge systems did have demos but you had to go to department stores to play them, they had systems set up with a cartridge selector system with oh say 10 games, you'd press the button for the game you wanted then it would start up... they would get "demo" cartridges every month or so and replace them with the new games

Yea, I was more referring to the type of demos like you got for the disc based systems in magazines. That you could play at home, whenever you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Though Japanese 3DS owners have been able to download playable game demos for about a month, Nintendo has confirmed that North American gamers will be getting the same treatment. The free eShop demos will begin arriving tomorrow, starting with Resident Evil Revelations.

Nintendo outlined plans for a few more demos as well. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games will arrive on January 26. Rayman Origins and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D are also scheduled to come to the eShop, though no dates have been set. Nintendo said it plans to update the eShop with more demos "periodically."

IGN

On the contrary, less PC games these days have demo's. Over the last few years the amount of demos for A+ and higher games has dried up.

Since at least 1995 almost all major disc based games have usually had demos included on magazine discs but it's only in the last few years that this has stopped. It's lazy really.

On a side note, I am happy enough warrenting all my game purchases from reviews and other peoples opinions.

It's usually pretty obvious if a games worth playing.

I wouldn't bother buying any more games for your 3ds right now, but if you really wanted to blow some money, consider Mario Kart 7, Street Fighter 4 and Starfox.

I just went on the UK store tonight and the demo's have arrived. The two demos were Resi Evil and Cooking Mamma, something for my commute tomorrow :)

They had also some new DSware and Prince of persia on the virtual boy.

Tried the revelations demo earlier and honestly, i wasn't that impressed. Sure it looks nice, but it was incredibly easy, and it also didn't give any reason whatsoever to believe it's worth an extra $10 over any other 3ds game.

If you're in the UK Zavvi have the Resi Evil 3DS game for pre-order for ?29.95 with a free Circle Pad add-on (Exclusive to Zavvi) well worth it especially as it seems to be the cheapest price for just the game, and the add-on is going to cost ?15-?20 everywhere else. The game without the add-on is ?29.85 on Zavvi.

If you're in the UK Zavvi have the Resi Evil 3DS game for pre-order for ?29.95 with a free Circle Pad add-on (Exclusive to Zavvi) well worth it especially as it seems to be the cheapest price for just the game, and the add-on is going to cost ?15-?20 everywhere else. The game without the add-on is ?29.85 on Zavvi.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...