New Windows Phone OS update rolling out.

8107.jpg

Just a few hours ago we just posted on the 810x builds of Windows Phone and now Italian site Plaffo is noting that their LG Optimus 7 just received the very same update: OS build 8107. More exciting is the news that it came with a list of changes, most of which will make most folks very happy:

It solves a problem of the keyboard on the screen, preventing the keyboard to disappear while typing

• Resolves an issue with syncing Gmail

• It solves a problem of access to the location. After the upgrade, the function IO hub sends to Microsoft anonymous information contact the Wi-Fi access points and antennas for mobile phones in the vicinity, only if you have allowed access to and use of location information from part of the "I'm here."

• Revocation of certificates issued by DigiCert Sdn Bhd to solve a problem of encryption

• Fixes a problem with the e-mail related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. When you reply to or forward an email, the original message is now included in the response.

• Fixes an issue of notification of voicemail

• http://www.wpcentral.com/new-windows-phone-os-update-rolling-out-addresses-keyboard-problems-and-more

No info on how it effects jailbreaks and stuff, so that's a wait and see. It doesn't seem to be rolling out to many people yet, maybe a more broad rollout next week I heard.

that was fast!!! :D im not applying this update yet..

Will this break my jailbreak? any ideas anybody? im using the windowbreak method.

They'll track you down and arrest you for jailbreaking it :laugh:

It's starting to sound like it'll roll out more starting next week maybe? Or at least after the CES keynote? Carriers have it and are doing their testing, at least those people who never got 7740 on their carrier branded device will get 8107 this time since the deal MS has is that they can only skip one update but not the next one.

Also the newest WP build that people have hard about is 8738.

The update will be rolled out slow it seems, not like Mango was. On the bright side though, when the next big update comes (and not a small service update like this one) all the fixes will be in it and everyone should get it quicker.

still waiting for RTL support, Microsoft please?

hopefully it is done in the next 360 day, WP would be cool as second mobile

(did i miss something or it happened already?)

Edited by Ci7

In the translation the first update is missing... "It solves a problem of the keyboard on the screen, preventing the keyboard to disappear while typing"

still waiting for RTL support, Microsoft please?

hopefully it is done in the next 360 day, WP would be cool as second mobile

(did i miss something or it happened already?)

Right to Left support is in as of Mango, that's why the phones are now on sale in Japan and Korea, as well as China etc. What you might be asking for is a specific language that might still be missing maybe?

Right to Left support is in as of Mango, that's why the phones are now on sale in Japan and Korea, as well as China etc. What you might be asking for is a specific language that might still be missing maybe?

Arabic to be exact.

i did some search look like it still lack Arabic keyboard input :/

Arabic to be exact.

i did some search look like it still lack Arabic keyboard input :/

Ya, that's just a language issue, should come with tango though for sure. RTL support is in though.

I forced it because I'm not confident that Movistar Spain will release it anytime soon for my Lumia 800.

Everything working fine so far. Nothing exciting anyway, just the keyboard bug fix

I forced it because I'm not confident that Movistar Spain will release it anytime soon for my Lumia 800.

Everything working fine so far. Nothing exciting anyway, just the keyboard bug fix

I haven't looked online but how did you force it? The same old pull eithernet cable trick?

I haven't looked online but how did you force it? The same old pull eithernet cable trick?

Not exactly. With the cab sender.

With this instructions: http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2012/01/06/windows-phone-7-build-7-10-8107-79-roll-out-started-get-it-now-and-update-manually/

Very nice "tutorial" imho

Not exactly. With the cab sender.

With this instructions: http://www.mobiletec...pdate-manually/

Very nice "tutorial" imho

That's interesting, I'll wait for the offical one for a bit longer, really not in any rush for such a minor update. I'll give it another week or so and see how it goes.

That's interesting, I'll wait for the offical one for a bit longer, really not in any rush for such a minor update. I'll give it another week or so and see how it goes.

Yeah that's what I had in mind firstly. Then I saw the news about Microsoft kinda not forcing minor updates, and I lost my hopes. Plus Movistar was the last operator worldwide to provide Mango.

Anyway yes, It might be interesting to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

The update will be rolled out slow it seems, not like Mango was. On the bright side though, when the next big update comes (and not a small service update like this one) all the fixes will be in it and everyone should get it quicker.

VERY slow it seems. Still no update here, and I really don't want to try the manual way... Oh well...

Some people have started getting it more now, it seems MS is spreading it out to more areas now. So it looks like this week is when we'll start to get it.