If Nokia had gone with Android?

213 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Nokia Android Phone?

• Yes, I would buy a Nokia Android Phone
    • No, I would NOT buy a Nokia Android Phone
    • I hate Nokia, I dont care about the OS
    • I love Nokia, I dont care about the OS
    • I like WP7/Nokia.

I would buy. Nokia makes quality phones but their OS is crap. Android would have saved them..

Saved them? Is there anything to be saved when it even has sold out in several countries?

Saved them? Is there anything to be saved when it even has sold out in several countries?

Maybe in Europe but in other countries Nokia is no longer regarded as being a 'leading' company, it has long been defaced by Samsung, LG and others.

Maybe in Europe but in other countries Nokia is no longer regarded as being a 'leading' company, it has long been defaced by Samsung, LG and others.

You haven't heard of the mobile industry in India, China, Paksitan and most of the world?

If Nokia go with Android, it would have gave them the market boost they needed. WP7 OS is a joke. The Lumina design is decent but having it using WP7 as the OS is not helping.

How?

If Nokia go with Android, it would have gave them the market boost they needed. WP7 OS is a joke. The Lumina design is decent but having it using WP7 as the OS is not helping.

Android is a joke

Well apart from spelling Lumia incorrectly have you even used WP7? With the Lumia it is a dream to use. Every person i have shown the phone to has remarked how fast, fluid and good looking it is. These are people who have android phones (samsung galaxy 2 etc) {a Samsung Galaxy 2 owner, yes even a dual core android, complained that his phone was slow comparatively] and iPhones. Nokia made the right decision as they are helping to define WP7 rather than being lost in a sea of low quality imitation phones and they wont be sued for making the Lumia.

• Like 3

Maybe someone's answered this, so I'm sorry if I'm asking again, but why can't Nokia go with both Windows and Android? They've got a deal with Microsoft for Windows. Anyone can use Android. Why put all their eggs in one basket?

You haven't heard of the mobile industry in India, China, Paksitan and most of the world?

Who cares? With WP Nokia will hit a wall, most people don't have the money to buy such expensive phones. However budget Android smarphones easily fit restricted budgets.

Android is a joke

Source??

WP is huge a joke too..

It will never be as 'open' as Android, it can't even match iOS.

Who cares? With WP Nokia will hit a wall, most people don't have the money to buy such expensive phones. However budget Android smarphones easily fit restricted budgets.

Source??

WP is huge a joke too..

Tango?

And while you guys argue whose dick is longer, Symbian's market share was still higher than Android and WP put together.

Perhaps not everyone cares about apps but actually want a phone that doesn't need charging every 4 hours.

• Like 3

IMO windows phone

Exactly, except the US and some other countries, Nokia is still the bigger force in the market. I think Windows Phone makes them stand out of the pack and makes them unique. All I wish is the OS should have bluetooth file transfer and external memory card support. It otherwise is great. Before criticizing WP, give it a shot at a store. You'll know why some people like it. As for android, the only reason I would use it is the number of apps available. OS build quality wise, WP is way better.

• Like 4

Just because Everyone else is using android. Does not mean its the best. Android phones are eeeevrywhere, due to it being a tad cheaper to put on phones, companies earn bigger cut. Biggest =/= Best

• Like 2

So you are telling me that no one cares about the one of the biggest mobile industry markets? Pffft.

Me, you and everyone else here knows how ****ty those budget Android phones are. I don't even wanna call them smartphones.

Source??

WP is huge a joke too..

I was reffering to the comment that said Windows Phone is a joke.

No, Windows Phone isn't. If you think so, then dream on...

It will never be as 'open' as Android, it can't even match iOS.

Openness sucks, big time. Thats why iOS is succesful, and thats why Windows Phone will succeed.

Android has seen its height. The road ahead goes downhill

Windows Phone matches iOS in a lot of things, sometimes fall behind, sometimes surpass it.

Whether or not it matches iOS in anything or not, one thing is clear, both the iOS and Windows Phone are waaay faster than Android.

So, again, Nokia did made the best decision

• Like 2

So you are telling me that no one cares about the one of the biggest mobile industry markets? Pffft.

Me, you and everyone else here knows how ****ty those budget Android phones are. I don't even wanna call them smartphones.

I was reffering to the comment that said Windows Phone is a joke.

No, Windows Phone isn't. If you think so, then dream on...

Openness sucks, big time. Thats why iOS is succesful, and thats why Windows Phone will succeed.

Android has seen its height. The road ahead goes downhill

Windows Phone matches iOS in a lot of things, sometimes fall behind, sometimes surpass it.

Whether or not it matches iOS in anything or not, one thing is clear, both the iOS and Windows Phone are waaay faster than Android.

So, again, Nokia did made the best decision

The biggest markets haven't even got hold of WP7 smarphones except for the Lumia devices, Android is even more popular than WP there.

So if those budget smartphones are technically smartphones what are they?

They work and offer every feature a normal user would want, of course they're not designed to be handle and heavy content such as intensive 3D games.

Android is here to stay, it already secured a large market share and will keep on improving. There is absolutely no reason for it to fall.

iOS and WP may have smoother UIs and better animated fancy features but these won't ever match the hardware of High End Android devices.

Android Smarphones are simply more powerful, unlike WP or iOS which are optimized to death to run on 'low end' hardware.

The biggest markets haven't even got hold of WP7 smarphones except for the Lumia devices, Android is even more popular than WP there.

Of course it is. I was reffering to the previous comment that said, NOKIA is a failed company.

So if those budget smartphones are technically smartphones what are they?

They work and offer every feature a normal user would want, of course they're not designed to be handle and heavy content such as intensive 3D games.

They might be called feature phones, but they sure as hell ain't no smartphones.

The thing that all people, everybody wants is speed. This is where these cheap and almost all of the Android devices fail to deliver

Android is here to stay, it already secured a large market share and will keep on improving. There is absolutely no reason for it to fall.

Of course, it'll stay. Who said otherwise?

I am saying that its marketshare will now decline, with Windows Phone and iOS rising up.

iOS and WP may have smoother UIs and better animated fancy features but these won't ever match the hardware of High End Android devices

They run smooth on 3 - 4 year old harware because they are better optimized than Android and this is a 'con' to you. Pffft. They don't need to match the hardware specs of Android. There is no need. At all.

If Android is power hungry, that doesn't mean other OSes are too.

Android Smarphones are simply more powerful, unlike WP or iOS which are optimized to death to run on 'low end' hardware.

That explains it why you have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about.

My decision stands.

Nokia made the right choice

• Like 2

If Nokia had gone with Android, I don't think the world would be a vastly different place. The fact is that it's not the OS that's got people climbing over each other (if that were true, people would have gone for other brands too), it's the hardware, and the fact that it looks awesome. The Lumia phones are great phones, and would have been equally great with Android. This too would have applied if they'd have opted for Meego as their smartphone OS, instead of killing it. In fact, of the three, I'm disappointed that they picked WP over Meego. It's such a shame to see a great OS like that go under when there's a market for it.

I'm still of the opinion that Nokia only went for WP7 exclusively because their new CEO used to sit under Ballmer at Microsoft. Had it been someone else, they'd have probably picked a multi-platform approach.

They might be called feature phones, but they sure as hell ain't no smartphones.

The thing that all people, everybody wants is speed. This is where these cheap and almost all of the Android devices fail to deliver

People want devices that work, that provides them features, usability counts.

Android isn't laggy as most people think. Surely ICS is a bit but that'll be fixed in future updates.

Of course, it'll stay. Who said otherwise?

I am saying that its marketshare will now decline, with Windows Phone and iOS rising up.

That's never gonna happen, WP is in no way superior to Android

They run smooth on 3 - 4 year old harware because they are better optimized than Android and this is a 'con' to you. Pffft. They don't need to match the hardware specs of Android. There is no need. At all.

If Android is power hungry, that doesn't mean other OSes are too.

Yes there is indeed a need, gaming needs powerful hardware especially modern GPUs

That precisely why Rockstar didn't release GTA3 for WP as according to them; "the current WP7 hardware lacks power"

Android being power hungry? Sure old versions but that isn't really an issue nowadays since most devices feature a high capacity battery.

I like that Nokia isn't doing Android because that would essentially mean their death in the US market. Entering a market that's been satured into oblivion by Samsung and HTC wouldn't be a wise move.

• Like 2

Nokia should have been a bit faster with Meego, and use that as their prime smartphone platform. It's a killer OS, and a great shame it's being discontinued.

• Like 1