Windows Experience Index differences between Vista/7 64-bit

Does anyone know why exactly that the Windows Experience Index rating differs on the same hardware on Vista Home Premium 64-bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

This may seem strange, but the system specs are;

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

Asus P5Q Deluxe Mainboard

Asus EAH6770 GDDR5 graphics

4GiB DDR2 RAM

While running the WEI test on the Windows Vista Installation I receive scores of 5.9, 5.5, 5.9, 5.9, 5.4 - However, running the same WEI test on the Windows 7 installation I recieve scores of 7.1, 7.1, 7.3, 7.3, 5.4

Both tests were run on freshly installed copies. Each with DirectX 11, Latest ATi drivers & Catalyst installed, all Windows Updates installed. I understand that regardless of this my score will remain 5.4 due to my rather lacking hard drive. But im curious as to why there is such a large difference in Processor, Memory and Graphics scores.

Is it possible that it is simply down to the fact that Windows 7 deals with 64-bit systems better than its predecesor, or is there another underlying problem at work which could be tested and/or rectified?

Thanks in advance.

[sorry but im unsure whether this should reside in Hardware Hangout, or the Windows forums. As it is unclear whether it is regarding the actual hardware its self or the operation of the Windows Experience software]

Im glad that every time i decide to create a new topic when something baffles me it turns out to be something really stupid that can be answered with a few words... :pinch:

Thanks Xendrome