Visual Web Developer 2010 (Express) painfully slow, help!

Question

Greetings,

Lately, I've been having huge troubles using Visual Web Developer express 2010 and my intranet application. The problem is that after some minutes working with a asp.net page it becomes very slow when editing/moving/creating controls in design view, the application freezes for 2-10 seconds until I can get control again, and after two changes to the page the same freezing.

It mostly happens with big pages, for example, the page I'm working right now has around 1500 lines in the .ASPX page and another 1500 lines in the ASPX.VB page (around 60 controls). If I work using the code view it works pretty well, especially when editing the ASPX.VB page, but when I work with the .ASPX page it works also okay in code view but in design view freezes all the time for a long time, and eventually, the code view gets a bit slow, and the more time I spend working on the same page, more slow it gets and RAM consumption goes higher and higher. For example, when I start working in this page, it comsumes around 200MB, after 15min it gets to 500MB and beyond... And of course, it gets slower and slower, only working with a page! I don't have 20 pages opened or nothing like that.

This is happening to me in three different machines, the main machine, which is the best one on specs, is an Intel i7 3GHZ, 6GB of RAM, a SSD hard drive as main drive, and two 7200rpm drives as secondary drives...

When the application freezes it doesn't take more than 15% of the CPU and it has PLENTY of RAM free to work.

So, I'm wondering is someone knows a way to speed up VWD2010.

Note: I'm using Windows 7 64bits with all the available updates installed, and I've already tried disabling IntelliSense on VWD and nothing, SP1 is installed, I guess the problem has something to do with the monitoring of the large amount of controls.

Example of the page (it has like 10-15 more dropdownbox controls down on the page that can't be seen on the screenshot)

post-121126-0-11726200-1325994112_thumb.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet